Ingame PC/Phone web browser

It would be good since it's a clientside thing I think that everybody has an option to access a PC or a web browser thru the game so you don't have to open the chrome window for example for your faction's webpage.

With the browser popups being as buggy as they were and causing issues, I don't support this.

IMO there is nothing wrong with tabbing out and opening a window. Heck, you could even shift tab on steam and use the steam web browser.

• Upvote 1

No support. 

We're all playing on PC here. It takes literally less than 5 seconds to tab out of the game to google chrome to search something or go to a forum page. Especially if you have that faction page bookmarked. I do this all the time. I RP my character using her phone/laptop, then proceed to tab out to use facebrowser or whatever on google chrome. I would much rather do this than have to worry about press F3, then navigating to a browser app that will probably be extremely slow and buggy.

On 5/5/2021 at 4:35 PM, Yoak said:

With the browser popups being as buggy as they were and causing issues, I don't support this.

IMO there is nothing wrong with tabbing out and opening a window. Heck, you could even shift tab on steam and use the steam web browser.

Correct. Most of the pop ups are still buggy for me as I play on a lower resolution, so I wouldn't even see it benefiting me or even working for me.

No need for computers, we have the phones with all the functions they have and well, I recon we're all set with the phone. As people mentioned already, you can just tab out. It will take you a minute or two but googling things in the game itself would take you more in most cases, as it takes time to load, to search and more and more.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 9:31 PM, Dominic said:

Unnecessary use of server resources. Just tab out and open your browser. 

Incorrect, it uses client resources. It would only take up resources of your own computer if you used it.

I support this suggestion. If you don't want to use it, don't use it. Some people would get a lot from it, especially single monitor users. 

6 minutes ago, shareef2 said:

Incorrect, it uses client resources. It would only take up resources of your own computer if you used it.

I support this suggestion. If you don't want to use it, don't use it. Some people would get a lot from it, especially single monitor users. 

This isn't exactly correct because the server not only places the scripts on your PC but also has to ensure they weren't tampered with, therefore it's a clear waste of server's resources.

Just now, i dont wanna od in LA said:

This isn't exactly correct because the server not only places the scripts on your PC but also has to ensure they weren't tampered with, therefore it's a clear waste of server's resources.

Care to provide some proof for your claim? I don't believe this is exactly how this works. The server does not constantly check if your computer has different versions of the file that it has. This sort of check is likely client-side, if it exists. It would not make sense to have a server-side function that is checking every player's files constantly. Furthermore, I don't believe RAGEMP even allows for the access of files by the server to the client, the most it lets you do is download files and alter the .storage file. Any sort of check would likely be based on the clientside via information provided by the server much earlier in the process, probably when you join.

Most importantly though, if such a process somehow exists that does use server resources, it is likely extremely negligible in resource usage due to the sheer amount of players GTAW reaches. It would not change the process whatsoever for different scripts to be checked, so this script would not take up any more usage than another feature would. The server resources argument does not apply here.