Roleplaying a Stay in County Jail

1 hour ago, Свето said:

Please stop trying to roleplay Russian criminal-authorities in TTCF, you're in West Coast USA, not the southern Caucasus. 

And the guide is much appreciated 👍

vory v zakone low desert peckerskin gangsters out here makin bablo

2 hours ago, Gecko said:

8. Surenos and Woods don't get along in jail as much as they do in state prison. This is more-so about LA County. In fact, back in the day woods coming in LA County jails would more often than not get straight up punked and have their shoes taken. If it wasn't the blacks doing it, it was the Surenos. They'd have it the worst when it came to doing their jail time (only rivaled by Asians). Southsiders at times even imposed a "kitty" to woods in their module/building. This was done to your unafilliated whites and woods, not the gang-affiliated (AB, NLR, Skinheads, etc) ones of course. Eventually Youngster from the Brand politicked and put a stop to it when he was there in the 90s on subpoena. I'm sure it's gotten more normal now, but the whole alliance thing is more prevalent in prison than jail. It's history worth acknowledging.

9. The whole taking off your shoes thing I do not understand.

All these points are really good but I'll add to these two specifically to help with anyone's research.

The relationship between Sureños and Whites varies widely over time and between facilities (or even within the same facility) and also depends on things like relationships between the important people in each race. In other words it varies a lot and you can't really base it off much except the roleplay going on right now in the jail. There are some instances, like in Riverside back in the day, where Sureños and Whites almost ran like a single car. Then there's elements of history that you referred to on the other extreme. It all varies. I would advise people to keep present roleplay and ic relationships in mind above all else. Roleplaying either an overly hostile or overly friendly relationship between two races based on various examples irl would be bad roleplay. 

The shoes thing is a leftover from dated LSRP prison roleplay and I'm not sure why it was brought here considering we stopped roleplaying that at the end. Old habits dying hard I guess. People should be aware that taking off your shoes is punishable in jail, especially for the Mexicans and any convict Whites (skinheads and woods).

5 hours ago, Large Hazard said:

The relationship between Sureños and Whites varies widely over time and between facilities (or even within the same facility) and also depends on things like relationships between the important people in each race. In other words it varies a lot and you can't really base it off much except the roleplay going on right now in the jail. There are some instances, like in Riverside back in the day, where Sureños and Whites almost ran like a single car. Then there's elements of history that you referred to on the other extreme. It all varies. I would advise people to keep present roleplay and ic relationships in mind above all else. Roleplaying either an overly hostile or overly friendly relationship between two races based on various examples irl would be bad roleplay. 

Yeah, I'm certain at a lot of SoCal jails the woods and homies are on friendly terms (unless there's some politicking issue). I was specifically talking about LA County's history as it was unique in that aspect because at the peak of gangbanging, whites were treated as trash in there. Other races would walk up to new white guys and ask them what shoe size they're wearing and then take their shoes (or jump them). And the vast majority of whites in LA County are unaffiliated, as well as there wasn't always a policy to jump in to help a fellow white being attacked (you were supposed to but it wasn't done in a lot of cases), so they were an easy target. In that setting you'd only feel any type of allied relationship if you eventually hit state prison. Whiteboys that were committed from LA County would often get respect from other woods on the prison yard for surviving all that. I believe it has changed for the better now and they get along more (plus you get the slip ons to wear now), but it's still interesting history. And yeah, group relationships can be based on what's happening in-game but I'm sure a lot of it is based on people acting a certain way because they're going off on what they do in prison yards.

7 hours ago, Свето said:

Please stop trying to roleplay Russian criminal-authorities in TTCF, you're in West Coast USA, not the southern Caucasus. 

On the topic of immigrants and felonies, I feel like a lot of the immigrant illegal characters don't really portray their resident status too well. If you're in the country illegally or on some sort of visa and get hit with a felony, you'll most likely end up being deported or handled by ICE at the end of your sentence. It's rare to never that I see this process being role played.

And when it comes to certain odd-man-out European groups (think Georgians, Albanians, etc), they're more likely to run Others instead of Woods if they're foreigners and first generation. Armenians used to run Others (some still do) until the whole Armenian Power and Mexican Mafia thing. There's Russians that ran Others sometimes too.

7 hours ago, Davi said:

TLDR: Don't even roleplay there, if you're there for serious crimes, just hide inside a cell and spam /me's.

After reading this, this is how I feel.

How does one R.P. as a full-time offender facing life for triple homicide, then? It completely ruins it for those that are inside the prison with serious offenses.

EDIT: Could always claim that overcrowding is the reason...

Edited by DLimit
45 minutes ago, DLimit said:

How does one R.P. as a full-time offender facing life for triple homicide, then? It completely ruins it for those that are inside the prison with serious offenses.

You two have completely missed key parts of the thread.

11 hours ago, DLimit said:

I still don't get it why they're not using the prison next to Sandy Shores, shit's ruining roleplay.

10 minutes ago, Davi said:

I still don't get it why they're not using the prison next to Sandy Shores, shit's ruining roleplay.

Whos gonna be the correctional officers? You can't expect SD to do it, and if someone makes a fac for it (which nobody would cuz its boring) then that fac would be inactive asf and thered by nobody manning the prison. RPing in county jail is the best alternative.