Remove Reactions from the courts

Busch

As title states, remove the ability to give reactions/upvote in the courts section.

By reactions I mean the thumbs up and points that are given to someone at the bottom right corner.

Perhaps add a reaction to notify a party without having to PM or so on. 

Thats it.

Edited by Busch

No.

Do people mark snarky remarks in forum RP they otherwise wouldn't make IG to impress people and win internet points? Yeah, but they look like fucking losers doing so. As for the problem of people making decisions based on the likes on a certain post? One, I don't think that's an actual issue and two if it is then they should be reported and removed by LFM, if they are doing something that stupid they are probably doing a lot worse. But none of that warrants disabling likes on posts.

Really I'm in favor for keeping it because it's really not that deep. It's just apart of forum culture, people like shit because they think it's cool or their friend made some sick burn in court (That was actually really lame in the grand scheme of things). Like I said, if people are making IC judgements (Since it is IC) based on OOC likes that's a different different story but overall, removing them just because of that one issue would just be an overreaction to say the least.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Henning said:

two if it is then they should be reported and removed by LFM, if they are doing something that stupid they are probably doing a lot worse. But none of that warrants disabling likes on posts.

With what evidence?  I don't imagine a decision-maker is going to announce they based their decision on OOC reactions.  They certainly might not even be aware of the influence as it could happen on a subconscious level.  What better way to extinguish the risk than to disable the feature?  

2 hours ago, Midsummer Night's Dream said:

Long overdue. 

If we value impartial decision-making, i.e. decisions that aren't influenced by an OOC desire for likes, we should disable reactions for those boards. 

I highly doubt that our current judges are posting things on court cases for "likes". Also the OOC trust put into judges along with the OOC vetting that takes place almost completely negates this. 

12 minutes ago, Cocaine Capital said:

Also the OOC trust put into judges along with the OOC vetting that takes place almost completely negates this. 

Nobody said anything about current judges.  We have been speaking in the general sense. 

I'm not sure what exactly that vetting involves, but checking server record is not going to do anything to "negate" something that's human nature.  And as I already hinted above, the influence is not always on a conscious level; it's very much human nature and if it occurs on a subconscious level, it is almost impossible to prove.  I say "almost" only because sometimes the decision-maker is so wrong, or their interpretation was so implausible, that it's obvious that they were influenced by something other than the facts and the law -- but even in that situation it'd be speculative. 

Edited by Midsummer Night's Dream
  • Jeff_ locked this topic