Guide to Legal Civillian Roleplay | Part 1 | Creation, Development & Realism

As someone who always RP legal civilian characters, I think this is a good guide. Useful not only for legal characters but for any new player. 

A character isnt a dress up doll you use to drive around, farm e money and just socialize with friends in a virtual world. Its a fictional person, with a personality, skills, weaknesses, fears and dreams.

• Applaud 1

People are nitpicking again? Not suprising, however what they failed to see is that this guide doesn't tell you how you SHOULD roleplay your character. It offers you ways how to spice up your roleplay adding more depth to your characters. Cause anyone can create a carbon copy gun toting gangbanger or good looking always well-dressed business owner. Nobody has to follow anything said in this guide, it's not mandatory. However it's well place guideline, if you are struggling with your concept, or if you are going to creating something else.

Besides everyone knows, that by "civilian" roleplay on this server we mean "a character that is not in organized crime category."

In the end, it all boils down to creating a "realistic character". "Illegal characters" can become "legal" and "legal" characters can become "illegal". A full-time University student might resort to narcotics distribution to pay off student-loans while a narcotics distributor might join university to change his/her life. A police officer might turn corrupt and lose his job, resorting to crime, while a criminal with a clean record might become a Law enforcement officer. Characters change, overtime, throughout their development.

EDIT: I appreciate this guide and hope that it gets expanded, overtime.

Edited by DLimit
  • Thanks 1
On 5/4/2021 at 11:56 AM, GamingNinjaSheep said:

Nice! This looks good! Might actually push me enough to polish up my 14 page long character chart that I use for creating new characters, and post it here for others to use.

I would like to see these 14 pages of your character chart, would be interesting !

On 5/5/2021 at 6:45 PM, DLimit said:

In the end, it all boils down to creating a "realistic character". "Illegal characters" can become "legal" and "legal" characters can become "illegal". A full-time University student might resort to narcotics distribution to pay off student-loans while a narcotics distributor might join university to change his/her life. A police officer might turn corrupt and lose his job, resorting to crime, while a criminal with a clean record might become a Law enforcement officer. Characters change, overtime, throughout their development.

EDIT: I appreciate this guide and hope that it gets expanded, overtime.

Somehow I doubt there is a single purely legal character out there.

• Upvote 1
On 5/3/2021 at 10:56 PM, ThatDutchPerson said:
  • Your character is a university student but owns a Kawaii without having millionaire parents; student loans are crippling.

You're right, but keep in mind. There are idiots that exists in the real world who spends all their student loan money on materialistic items instead of using them to pay for what they're supposed to be spending it on. This is an example of one of those "rare exceptions". Obviously, not everyone should be roleplaying an idiot college student who spends their loans on fast cars. But it's not a completely unrealistic thing for someone to do. If someone can roleplay it right, and RP being in heavy debt later on in that character's life, then it can actually be some pretty unique character development.

3 hours ago, Kippah Head said:

Not to be rude or anything but out of all people, you shouldn't be the one to write a guide on how to roleplay, I'd rather see a better guide from a better roleplayer who is not banned.

There isn't a say about that. You are being toxic by saying that a player whose banned and tying to change his ways is initially wrong by writing a guide which might even help 1% of the players. 

This behavior is more or less the same of a banned individual and I don't know why you would say such a thing in a guide's section. 

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Engelbert said:

Somehow I doubt there is a single purely legal character out there.

Hello. 👋

On 5/5/2021 at 3:24 AM, Engelbert said:

People are nitpicking again? Not suprising, however what they failed to see is that this guide doesn't tell you how you SHOULD roleplay your character. It offers you ways how to spice up your roleplay adding more depth to your characters. Cause anyone can create a carbon copy gun toting gangbanger or good looking always well-dressed business owner. Nobody has to follow anything said in this guide, it's not mandatory. However it's well place guideline, if you are struggling with your concept, or if you are going to creating something else.

Besides everyone knows, that by "civilian" roleplay on this server we mean "a character that is not in organized crime category."

Yep. I thought it was good. I would have liked to have it when I started my character.

1 minute ago, Kippah Head said:

Because people with shit attitude and zero to no roleplay skills shouldn't be allowed to post guides on how to roleplay. Just my two cents on the topic. 

That means, you're on the same page as them. You don't like to give people a chance to improve them; people with a similar mentality ruin the actual progression of someone trying to implement a change upon them.