[BLOG: TheAspiringSaint.com] Who am I and What Am I Doing Here? - Father Logan Price

Who am I and What Am I Doing Here?

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible."
-St Thomas Aquinas

433959092_TheLittleTeapot.thumb.png.b7156fb8b7f79e54ef46e293ee066ffd.png

- photo courtesy of a kind passer-by

Introduction

Hello again brothers and sister, I have the joy of writing to you from this lovely little nook I found just up the road from the Church, the Little Teapot. It's got friendly staff, a warm atmosphere and some comfy chairs! As I sit hear sipping my tea, I'm reminded of my first time arriving in Rome. The excitement, the anonymity, the smell of coffee and the sounds of conversations buzzing around me, I've been really blessed in my life to live in such nice areas.

But enough about that, I thought the best way to start a blog would be an introduction and a mission statement. Who am I? Why should you take your precious time to read my blog, what can I do for you?

Well like me now, why don't you grab yourself your preferred beverage and get cosy. I'll try not to bore you!

Little Ol' Me

Well I was born and baptised Logan Nelson Price on August 8th 1986, wow has it been that long, in County Mayo, Ireland and born into a working class Irish family. My mother a housewife and cleaner and my father a hard working truck driver. I came from a big family, as was common in those days, I was the 3rd in line. A tradition in Ireland at the time was the eldest followed his father, the second son worked in the town and the third son entered the priesthood, so in some ways my course was already set. 

You might think that's a little unfair on that child, it's not his fault he was born in that particular place in the hierarchy, and you'd be right random internet reader, it is a bit unjust! But lucky for me, I had a particular attraction to that way of life before I even knew it would be my calling, divine inspiration you might say. Anyway a long story short I entered the seminary at age 18 and was ordained on Easter Sunday at the age of 26. I'll go into more detail with theses life stages later, but I completed a Bachelor of Divinity in Maynooth University as well as a Masters in Divinity, after a few years in my first parish, I headed off to Rome to the Gregorian University to complete my doctorate.

After graduating Logan Price STB, STL, DD (the first in my family to go to university!) I was offered a job in Rome working for the Congregation for the Causes of Saints. An incredible opportunity to help push for the canonisation of very holy people! Thrilling and tedious work in equal measure, a lot of bureaucracy and paperwork, and while I like admin, I was missing working in a parish with regular people. I applied for a transfer back to a parish.

Well the Bishop of the Archdiocese of San Andreas was a friend and happened to mention a previous parish priest had left so he got in touch and suddenly I was on my way to Los Santos!

The Kingdom of Heaven

My intentions here as new parish priest are multiple, I have a couple of projects I'd like to get up and running:

• A weekly homeless service, offering food and accommodation to the city's many homeless
  • A weekly study group for practicing Catholics, offering guidance and opportunities for prayer and study
  • Introductory courses in Theology, Bible Study and Catholicism for those looking to learn more about our religion 
  • Youth groups and services to ensure the youth of San Andreas can learn skills and values to lead them through life
  • A Parish Newsletter, keeping everyone up to date on what's going on in their parish

Big ambitions I know, but idle hands make the devil's work and I intend not to have idle hands! Hopefully as time goes on you'll see and hear more about this, not just on this blog but in person! And if you see me in person, do come and say hi!

I better finish up, my tea has gotten cold I've gotten a bit immersed in this blog post over the exciting projects ahead. For now I take my leave, enjoy the rest of your day folks and God Bless.

Fr Logan Price

P.S Here's a photo of me with my new car (courtesy of the diocese) and outside our lovely Church.

gta-world-2021-5-3-16-4-30.thumb.png.d0e012a4c11f5ff15f3fa18703c086bf.png

Edited by Pathologic
  • Upvote 2
  • Pathologic changed the title to [BLOG: TheAspiringSaint.com] Who am I and What Am I Doing Here? - Father Logan Price
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic