FPS drop while inside interiors

Hi

My FPS drops a bit when I'm inside interiors (custom & normal in-game interiors). I've set my graphics to normal and yet I'm still lagging. 

I don't have an issues when I'm playing GTA Online, my game works smooth there. 

Any solutions?

Edited by ClaudeSpeed

What're your PC specs? Mine worked perfect in GTA Online but lagged in GTA W. I have a I5 with like 2,3GHZ but probs overclocked and a GTX 1050 (4GB VRAM). Let me know. If your GPU is good, setting your detail settings to high and rest of them to normal should fix it. Turn all the possible things like the antistropical filtering or w/e off as well. Also, is it in busy interiors or just basic interiors? Might want to let them load in.

1 hour ago, For Ever said:

What're your PC specs? Mine worked perfect in GTA Online but lagged in GTA W. I have a I5 with like 2,3GHZ but probs overclocked and a GTX 1050 (4GB VRAM). Let me know. If your GPU is good, setting your detail settings to high and rest of them to normal should fix it. Turn all the possible things like the antistropical filtering or w/e off as well. Also, is it in busy interiors or just basic interiors? Might want to let them load in.

This is my PC specs

Device name    DESKTOP-N2P67PO
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         920  @ 2.67GHz   2.67 GHz
Installed RAM    10.0 GB

I actually experience the FPS drop in empty and crowded interior. 

Just now, ClaudeSpeed said:

This is my PC specs

Device name    DESKTOP-N2P67PO
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         920  @ 2.67GHz   2.67 GHz
Installed RAM    10.0 GB

I actually experience the FPS drop in empty and crowded interior. 

What's your GPU? Could essentially be about that. Also, you could have loads of apps running at the same time or your CPU might be a little bit messed up. When you enter an interior, tab out and check your Task Manager for what the percentages are on. I also suggest getting some programs and recording your CPU usage during that. I had the same issue, but outdoors. Indoors, it was fine.

6 minutes ago, For Ever said:

What's your GPU? Could essentially be about that. Also, you could have loads of apps running at the same time or your CPU might be a little bit messed up. When you enter an interior, tab out and check your Task Manager for what the percentages are on. I also suggest getting some programs and recording your CPU usage during that. I had the same issue, but outdoors. Indoors, it was fine.

l2rV1dp.png

XmQ1yIJ.png~~

Hey there!

I see you’re running a GTX 660, which is pretty dated and old by modern standards. This could very well be the cause of your problems.

Furthermore, it is a known issues that RageMP has less stable/high FPS than the base GTA5 game and its online mode. This is due to the fact that RageMP will always be a Multiplayer Mod.

When entering an interior, it happens a lot that you lose frames. I have a 2080ti and I face the same problems. Some interiors are even unplayable at 15FPS for me.

I’d say in your case, a combination of an old GPU and RageMP itself are causing your issues.

• Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, ClaudeSpeed said:

Alright, I guess I might buy a new graphic card if that's the case. 

But thank you @For Ever& @ThatDutchPersonfor assisting me 🙂

I have to warn you, there is unfortunately a GPU shortage on the market due to the current global pandemic.

Getting a GPU will be problematic. And if you get one, the prices are crazily inflated.

Save a buck, deal with the FPS losses for now, and buy a GPU when the shortages are coming to an end. Or, you can get a wholesale deal, and buy an entire new system (which is even cheaper than just PC parts due to the exact shortage!)

Thats my advise! 🙂 

Edited by ThatDutchPerson
  • Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic