[YNR] A story about Dennis Sidwell and his shit ethics

3d4d3d4b33.png

All information contained herein is collected through publicly available sources, court documents and transcripts. This article is protected by the first amendment, we welcome any legal action. We remind Dennis of the ruling of New York Times Co, v. Sullivan before sending your army of lawyers.

Los Santos News, the once powerhouse of mainstream media has been hit by multiple scandals and accusations of terrible reporting standards in recent weeks, the aim of this article is to break down the scandals to better paint a clearer image of Los Santos News Network.  Los Santos News is currently overseen by the LSNN president Christopher Gardner along with Margret Potter as Vice President respectively. The current Director of Los Santos News is the self proclaimed "best journalist in the world" Dennis Sidwell who loves to make an appearance and brag about how the "power is in his hands". As you can see, this article is aimed at Dennis Sidwell and his pretty bad 'management' of Los Santos News Network which paints general MSN in a negative light. 

Let's first talk about LSNN being sued way back in January by a Democrat named Richard Orosco who accused LSNN of defamation through actual malice, the backstory was LSNN published an article about Dianna Pierce, the article can be found [HERE]. The justice ultimately ruled that LSNN despite acting in poor judgement. LSNN never* issued a statement in regards to the litigation and it slowly cooled off. 

And now onto Dennis Sidwell whom is a lovely individual who has the ego the size of Saturn and a person who willingly takes people to court over opinions and tried to seek $100'000 in damages and a personal statement of apology for the personal opinion, questionable? Yes. Defamation? Jesus Christ on a Popsicle stick. Let's talk about this, shall we. 

Dennis Sidwell had an article published about him that accused  him of sexism which he denied on all accounts and called upon his legal team to prepare for all out war, it's a shame that he had to catch a 70 year old woman in their sights. Nora Patterson released a post on the 5th of April, 2021 which is listed below, Senator C. Knight also denied the accusations against Dennis. 

DHWkhQb.png

Court Documents Dennis Sidwell V. Nora Patterson

Dennis, the Director of LSNN was absolutely infuriated that someone had a opinion on this and declared a legal war with Nora Patterson, he accused her of defamation through actual malice. Dennis' team goes onto mention that he has a 'very public position within Los Santos News, as a Director'. Perhaps as a LSNN director he should know something about free speech and peoples right to have opinions on controversial matters, but to allege that this will harm Dennis career over a single post is a bit extreme, considering he is the one that's doing litigation against Nora, which will only attract even more unwanted attention for Dennis. It makes me think that Dennis is a bit of drama queen who only thrives on attention but it has to be the *right* kind of attention. This is my personal opinion 🙂

I do want to mention that Dennis is a really good actor in the court room, despite him getting blasted by the Kerrigan-Vittori LLC, he somehow managed to get really ill after the defense delivered a single statement in which he recovered pretty darn fast after stating he fallen off his Jetski. After the disaster of a legal case for Dennis, the Judge ruled against him and ordered him to pay $30'000 in damages to the Defendant, Nora Patterson. 

Maybe Dennis Sidwell isn't the greatest Journalist in Los Santos he claims to be, and should just stick to actual 'journalism' instead of chasing around 70 year old women for opinions. My team did some background research and was able to find out that LSNN no longer has the financial backing of it's founding investor, Cross Capital LLC, ouch. 

** There's some donation links that direct to animal charities around San Andreas ** 

Comment Policy: 

Name:
Comment: 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Zweihander said:

Name: Han
Comment: I know him personally, Dennis is such a gentleman and he is the best journalist in Los Santos.

Name: Sandwich

Comment: I do agree with your comment, he's such a great guy and very helpful.

Name: Greyfeather
Comment: 

I don't know Dennis Sidwell. 

But in fairness to him, I wrote the Orosco article before he became the manager of the network. You need to research a little more carefully.

Additionally, you should probably update your article to make it clear that the judge ruled that LSNN did not act with malice in reporting the Orosco accusations. Mr Orosco was a public figure and the story had multiple corroborating witnesses, including the accuser - who publicly went on the record.

The judge determined that LSSN didn't contact Mr Orosco directly before publishing the article; that was the criticism. However, we did reach out to his Political Party with the accusations prior to publishing and requested comment.

Thanks.

• Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic