Probably been talked about before but I'm new here

Gazra

Hey so, I was arrested earlier in-game for speeding around a corner going no more than 65 which I was happy to admit. I fully complied and everything. I still received a 3 day license ban, 4 day impounded car, jail time and nearly 20k in fines -- Some of the fines I didn't even do and weren't warranted at all but IC is IC.

I started playing like 4-5 days ago so I'm still pretty new and learning everything still. I generally have no idea how to get the money and I don't have the money to pay it either.

I understand all of this is IC, but for something this excessively over the top for such a simplistic problem that wasn't even really speeding in the first place, is massively off putting for any new players. I've been playing for hours every day trying to build my character up and try to get somewhere and it's just feels like I've had that torn from me over practically nothing. 

Apparently the court cases OOC wise can take days too, which there isn't any point in me doing it then because the fines will need paid before then. There needs to be a little more leniency for new players in terms of issues like this

A few points to mention;

If you contest your charges, you won't really need to pay them until after a verdict is given because you're contesting them at that point.

As for collecting enough cash, this shouldn't be too hard. New players get 5,000 dollar paychecks for their first 40 hours. IF that has passed, you can roleplay getting a job and perform it through script jobs, or you can seek employment from various businesses in-character. You can look out for ads in game for recruitment or check the IC business section and take it from there.

1 minute ago, Mitch said:

If you file a court case, then all fines and tickets are frozen until the case is ruled upon. 

If you feel like your charcter would want this then I'd highly advise to contest it in court. Sometimes it can make for good RP.

1 minute ago, Mitch said:

If you file a court case, then all fines and tickets are frozen until the case is ruled upon. 

While I am tempted to do this, but as I mentioned above I was told it would probably take longer to actually do the court case before all these times have ran out. 

I can't even do anything IC now either

2 minutes ago, Gazra said:

While I am tempted to do this, but as I mentioned above I was told it would probably take longer to actually do the court case before all these times have ran out. 

I can't even do anything IC now either

They would be frozen until the verdict is given, so you have until the end of that Court case. You can even ask the judge for a payment plan / more time.

3 minutes ago, Zani said:

A few points to mention;

If you contest your charges, you won't really need to pay them until after a verdict is given because you're contesting them at that point.

As for collecting enough cash, this shouldn't be too hard. New players get 5,000 dollar paychecks for their first 40 hours. IF that has passed, you can roleplay getting a job and perform it through script jobs, or you can seek employment from various businesses in-character. You can look out for ads in game for recruitment or check the IC business section and take it from there.

My 40 hour payment has ran out already. I've been playing for a lot of hours every day to try develop my character and progress

Where do I go to look at the court case?

1 minute ago, Zani said:

https://forum.gta.world/en/forum/708-traffic-division/

You can initiate a contested ticket hearing here.

As much as I kind of have no choice but to do this, I think waiting till the 3 days license is over and just grinding for money a whole day is probably quicker.

I hate having to wait long periods of time to even be able to progress in a game again since my whole char is practically at a halt right now. Is there any way IC I can get these fine dates prolonged for more than 3 days?

2 minutes ago, Gazra said:

As much as I kind of have no choice but to do this, I think waiting till the 3 days license is over and just grinding for money a whole day is probably quicker.

I hate having to wait long periods of time to even be able to progress in a game again since my whole char is practically at a halt right now. Is there any way IC I can get these fine dates prolonged for more than 3 days?

You can try submitting something to the Courts in that section asking for further time to pay. Or you can come to a deal, you pay one fine now, pay the others later. I think it's a great opportunity for you to involve yourself with some Court roleplay, even though it's done through the forums.

The sky is the limit with roleplay 🙂