[LSNN] Interview with Director of Pillbox Hill Medical Center, Danielle Shaw

5yHwzO3.png

Y8l4IDT.png

Interview with Director of Pillbox Hill Medical Center, Danielle Shaw

BY DENNIS SIDWELL

Los Santos, SA - On the 30th of April, 2021, the LSNN team conducted an interview with Director of Pillbox Hill Medical Center, Danielle Shaw. This is the written version of the interview which was held on air, in the LSNN studio.

GbBsMq7.png

Dennis Sidwell and Danielle Shaw in the studio

Dennis Sidwell: I'm glad to announce that tonight, I'm not alone in the studio. Tonight with us is Director of Pillbox Hill Medical Center, Danielle Shaw. Ms. Shaw, welcome to the studio. 

Danielle Shaw: It's a pleasure to be here Mr. Sidwell, thank you for giving me the opportunity to be here. I tell you, I wish I had an office space quite like here. Remarkable. Anyway indeed I'm the Director of Pillbox, a posting I took over back in 2020. I've been serving as a physician for many years, even at one stage owning and operating a clinic within Los Santos, but the change in scenery is exciting. 

Dennis Sidwell: You've spoken about your job. Allow me to ask you, who is Danielle Shaw privately? What are your hobbies?

Danielle Shaw: I enjoy fishing over the weekends. Not even to catch fish, but the quiet life of being on a lake with a beer. It's relaxing. I'm also a major fan of old American muscle cars.

Dennis Sidwell: A month ago, healthcare related topics were brought up in the political debate between two Senate candidates, now Senators, Republican Bobby Warner and Democrat Chloe Knight. Allow me to quote some of their statements, then follow-up with a question for you. "The folks at Pillbox do a fantastic job and they do it without charging the patient. Danielle Shaw works far too hard to be overlooked along with her great staff", started her statement Democrat Chloe Knight. "A privately-owned clinic is a much smaller scale than our entire State. Our State is much larger than one clinic. What Missus Knight proposes is a populist talk, an attempt to try and butter you up. It's manipulative, quite frankly", said Republican Bobby Warner. "We want to expand and solidify Pillbox", said Knight, to which Warner replied; "you want the State to care for universal healthcare. It's simply impossible. We are paying for Pillbox. We cannot run a hundred-thousand clinics across the entire state", finished his statement Bobby Warner. Without getting into politics, as you're not in politics yourself, I'd like to ask you to briefly comment on the healthcare topic. 

Danielle Shaw: Well Dennis, as you've pointed out I'm not a politician. I appreciate Ms. Knight's praise of Pillbox, however the facility is a hospital, not a clinic. I do not feel that I'm in a position to comment on the logistics of free clinical care within the State of San Andreas and all its areas. You'll have to reach out to the Senate for a comment on how possible such a roll out of clinics would be. 

Dennis Sidwell: You've told us about your previous career prior to becoming the Director of Pillbox, however, can you tell us, what inspired you to start a career in the medical field? How did it all start?

Danielle Shaw: When I was a little girl, I saw cancer run rampant through my family. Back in the eighties we didn't have such robust and effective care to treat those afflicted. Thankfully my grandmother made a recovery but it left me wanting to make a difference. Even if its in a small state such as San Andreas. Everything we do counts to helping make others lives better, and to help advance medicine for generations to come.

Dennis Sidwell: Do you think you've succeed advancing medicine in San Andreas? What is, in your opinion, your biggest personal achievement in the medical field? Furthermore, what would Pillbox's biggest achievement?

Danielle Shaw: I truly do believe I have, my first job in this city as a physician begun in a small clinic based in Vinewood in early 2020. It was the first one within the city. With my dedication it grew and grew into what became Pillbox. That is no small achievement. It's something I'm proud to have accomplished. As for Pillbox, every week we see more and more applicants to our recruitment, which is located on the government website. These new members help us provide more and more specialized care, and deal with a higher and higher workload. Something which is always a pressing in the back of our minds. And for Pillbox to continue to succeed it makes me incredibly proud as its Director. 

Dennis Sidwell: Do you consider Hope Clinic as healthy competition, or even competition, at all? What is something that is solely specific for Pillbox Hospital?

Danielle Shaw: Hope isn't a competitor. Medicine isn't a competition. We both provide care for people in various stages of needing it. Hope fills a vital role of clinical and pre hospital care, we fill the role of emergency care. And personally, I use Hope Health for any medical needs of my own. They are a remarkable organization and I greatly appreciate everything they do for this city as well. 

Dennis Sidwell: Can you tell us more about your liaison with the Fire Department?

Danielle Shaw: Certainly, we work very closely with Chief Schneider to ensure a healthy relationship with the Los Santos Fire Department, allowing for a quick and efficient transfer of care. We even invite them over for coffee sometimes. Whilst the coffee in the hospital certainly isn't five star, it certainly does the job on a long shift.

Dennis Sidwell: It is five star coffee, actually, in my opinion. I've personally been transported to Pillbox after I fell off my jetski after attending a charity event on a yacht. You were on that charity event too, actually. And after that, I tried the hospital's coffee.

Danielle Shaw: Indeed, a lovely event held by our friends and co workers at the City Government. Well, I'm glad you like the coffee. We do save the best coffee for our patients.

Dennis Sidwell: Danielle, can you tell us an anecdote from work? 

Danielle Shaw: Unfortunately topics like that I can't discuss. Anything which even hints at patients and their conditions would be a major HIPAA violation. But we do enjoy when the janitor pokes his head out of no where. Especially when he does a little dance with the mop. Definitely adds enjoyment to a long and busy shift. 

Dennis Sidwell: You've mentioned your recruitment earlier on. Talking about the recruitment, what does it take, in your opinion, as a Director, for a new employee to build a successful career under your management? What personal qualities should the employee have?

Danielle Shaw: If I may, I'd like to reference one of our nurses who goes above and beyond to make sure staff are trained, and patients are cared too for every degree of condition. As well as one of my supervisors, Juna. She helps vet incoming applicants to make sure they have the qualities we look for in staff. That being passion, dedication and a willingness to accept and build upon and criticism that may be brought up during their work. It helps but isn't a requirement for staff to be easy going and enjoyable to talk too.

Dennis Sidwell: Would you go ahead with a change in your career, or is the Director position where you will go to retirement from?

Danielle Shaw: For now, my focus is solely on my career in Pillbox and ensuring that I am the best director that I can be. Maybe before retirement I may do something else before those golden years of beaches. But until then, Pillbox is my passion.

Dennis Sidwell: Danielle, thank you for being our guest today. It is our pleasure. 

Danielle Shaw: It's been a pleasure being here Dennis, thank you for reaching out to give me the chance to talk about Pillbox live on air. And for those just tuning in, if you want to get involved with Pillbox all you have to do is visit the government website and apply where directed. We hire from various positions; starting down at student nurses and going all the way to surgical physicians. And if medicine isn't your style, we do hire kitchen and cleaning staff also. Thank you.

Y8l4IDT.png

3jwUUYH.png

GcuVgZg.png

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

Edited by YB
  • Upvote 1
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic