Allow ROLEPLAYED CAPITAL PUNISHMENT. OOC ideology of admins shouldn't rule us.

Kappaurel

19 minutes ago, Stiggz said:

Except it is 

It's explained in the main post.

And for the famous argument of: California has not condoned capital punishment in a long time 

There is the final answer of: This is not California, this is San Andreas, and we have a worse crime and murder rate that Honduras, if California had this crime rate it would be different. We don't follow California law.

I think, this should be handled the same way as CKs. This heavily depends on nature of the crime. You can get life for murder or 25 years or even death penalty. I believe this SHOULD BE OPTIONAL when faced with life without parole. Cause you can roleplay in prison, where you can also commit suicide. However this can be abused as anything in the game.

As for Stiggz, yes San Andreas is California, yet people should put more work into forming their factions, cause many just copy paste a gang's wikipedia not even bothering changing streets or names of of their enemies.

Edited by Engelbert
1 hour ago, Stiggz said:

San Andreas is California to a T, I don’t understand how you fucking Europeans still don’t understand this 

First two paragraphs of the FAQ.

My favorite part is how you used to lean heavily on the whole "British people don't understand American RP" statement until all of the people you tried to call out for being British weren't actually from Britain and you got clowned on for it, now it's these DANG Europeans. 

From the same guy who said cops in America would never unlawfully search your vehicle and attempt to send you to jail for something you didn't do, I think you're projecting your inexperience on to others and using your DANG EUROPEAN argument as some sort of flimsy L-deflector when you make a fool of yourself. 

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

Fun fact, LS is not California! Such a wild concept, I know! But Cali does not exist in our universe! ICly, it's a red state, ICly, we have different laws, ICly we develop our society differently from the real world and accordance to IC politics, events, crime rates etc.

So no, Los Santos is not California and it's a weak argument at most.

ICly, the death penalty is allowed. Let it be roleplayed by admins in some random "offshore" facility somewhere.

Have the court judge issue capitol punishment, and ask in brackets "((Do you choose to roleplay this scenario ingame or would you like a CK issued with an NPC lethal injection?))" or something.

The people set a date, the person logs on, an admin takes them to this facility and the process is fully roleplayed if they choose to. 

If they don't log in for whatever reason and more than 5 or 10 minutes have passed, the lethal injection is RP'd without them and it's automatically NPC'd. 

20 hours ago, Smilesville said:

The implication being that there's no reason to be RPing someone that young, but at the same time, it's completely acceptable so long as you intend to join an organization that guarantees grooming, violence, and abuse?

False analogy.

Time and time again, legal RPers have made the claim that people shouldn't be allowed to roleplay as minors at all, including factions. When in reality, the majority of a hood/gang's members are below the age of 18. 

While I agree with your point that lethal injection RP should be allowed, please don't compare it to "people shouldn't be allowed to roleplay as minors in factions". It's really just a false equivalency and makes no sense.

People being allowed to RP as minors in gangs along with lethal injection roleplay both are impactful and good for the roleplay which surrounds it.

Edited by xdthe
7 minutes ago, xdthe said:

False analogy.

Time and time again, legal RPers have made the claim that people shouldn't be allowed to roleplay as minors at all, including factions. When in reality, the majority of a hood/gang's members are below the age of 18. 

While I agree with your point that lethal injection RP should be allowed, please don't compare it to "people shouldn't be allowed to roleplay as minors in factions". It's really just a false equivalency and makes no sense.

People being allowed to RP as minors in gangs along with lethal injection roleplay both are impactful and good for the roleplay which surrounds it.

While I agree with you. I believe people are tired being frisked by 12 y/o gangsters at gunpoint and cops are tired of "I am a teen" excuse.

Real world is far more cruel. I am not American, but I know one thing. In my country if you point a gun at a cop, they shoot you. Teen or not.

Edited by Engelbert
Just now, Engelbert said:

While I agree with you. I believe people are tired being frisked by 12 y/o gangsters in gunpoint and cops are tired of "I am a teen" excuse.

Real world is far more cruel. I am not American, but I know one thing. In my country if you point a gun at a cop, they shoot you. Teen or not.

Can agree with you on some points there. It's up to the individual player if they want to portray a minor in a gang realistically. But at the same time, kids nowadays often find themselves doing crime for respect, money, and power within hoods.

But of course there's always some level of fear that a kid would have which a grown man wouldn't. I believe that instead of petitioning the ban for all of these characters, report those who act in an unrealistic manner.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, xdthe said:

Can agree with you on some points there. It's up to the individual player if they want to portray a minor in a gang realistically. But at the same time, kids nowadays often find themselves doing crime for respect, money, and power within hoods.

But of course there's always some level of fear that a kid would have which a grown man wouldn't. I believe that instead of petitioning the ban for all of these characters, report those who act in an unrealistic manner.

Of course I am not saying we shouldn't be doing it. I think we should exclude teens from death penalty. I mean no teen ever sentenced to a capital punishment was younger than 16 and even many states are pushing to raise the age for capital punishment to 21. Just people should stop creating teen chars, just to live their fantasy of 12 y/o gangster. Imo it's cringe when a mature player roleplays a 12 y/o kid. Not saying you shouldn't do it, but in justice all are equal, technically. You are 13 you shot someone to impress the guys in the gang, you knew what you are doing you weren't forced (technically you were) but that's for gang unit to investigate. Just don't use the "I am a kid" excuse, that's stupid.

Edited by Engelbert
  • mj2002 locked this topic