We need to stop issuing CCW licenses until we can figure out what the hell is going on

Kipps

CCW’s most of the time in real life are handed out to those who need them depending on their daily activities or their career (EG: A security guard, a business owner, someone who can be regarded as a VIP, someone who’s lifestyle means they’re outdoors most of the time etc). 

On GTA:W, the only eligibility you need to tote a gun like it’s Red Dead Redemption is to just have the mental capacity to fill out a form & the patience to wait. Do that, and you can become John Wick in under 3 days.

Keeping guns in businesses, properties or vehicles legally is perfectly fine & something I’d like to see more considering that’s how most people do it in real life. CCW’s however need a stricter vetting system, one that takes into account who’s getting a gun IC’ly and OOC’ly.

Make the recipient jump through enough hoops that they’re scared straight by the end of it to know when and when not to draw your firearm in public.

I don't know the context of the situation so I can't comment on if the shooting was warranted or not or if the character is poor or not simply off the basis of their cat ears. It would be irresponsible of me to try and make that assertion when I lack the facts. With that said, their interaction with the police following the presumed incident at least from what can be garnered off the screenshot seems a little poor. I don't know if saying you "downed someone" so wantonly is often the usual reaction following a shooting but hey, maybe they can justify it somehow.

As for the whole CCW/PF shtick? It is what it is. Maybe improvements can be made to the system though what those might be elude me personally and I'm not qualified to speak on what can be done given my short span on the server.

9 minutes ago, TinPan said:

SNIP

I wanna piggy back off this and stress how a properly explored OOC section to the application could be the easiest fix to a lot of these problems.

We seem to forget, conveniently sometimes, frustratingly others, that we are not our characters. We are making abstract decisions through the lens of another, fictional person. No matter how much we appreciate or conform to the logic of the world, there will always be the the game meta lurking in the back of our head, that X gun or car is superior to Y in circumstance Z. 

If we cannot reliably remove these factors from play, we have to acknowledge them and account for them.

As for detaining permitholders after they discharge their firearm—why is this ridiculous? Sure, there are a million unsolved PKs, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be held accountable in exchange for the privilege to bear arms in public.

2 minutes ago, Sevataris said:

If she wasn't wearing cat ears nobody would complain. 

The crime rate is so high and people still wonder why everyone has a CCW? It's literally the only way for a civilian to defend himself when cops are not available. This is America, if people can buy guns, they will buy guns, why? They don't have to justify shit, they have the right to own them.

Y'all just want to keep civilians as the victims but if you get clapped by one you start to cry about it. C'mon now.

Remove the cat ears though. That's ridiculous to begin with.

It's not about people having CCW licenses. It more along the lines that, in the U.S., most CCW firearm holders aren't trained to handle the firearm in high-stress situations. Studies were conducted where MOST of the subjects would die in a high-tense shoot-out situation while OPEN-CARRYING their firearm. Most people simply aren't trained properly to engage in armed combat. In fact, most would hesitate to even withdraw their firearm while in shock.

• Selena locked this topic