We need to stop issuing CCW licenses until we can figure out what the hell is going on

Kipps

12 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

It's so easy to pass the test they give you for CCW/GC, I think a dislectic, retarded person could pass that test in a heartbeat. SHAFT Code has many loopholes in it anyways. It wouldn't even be a problem if people just have CCW. Here they use it as an excuse to kill people, most often, illegal roleplayers. And I bet this person didn't even lose their CCW, nor it was arrested, even though they killed someone. Average person, civilian, would hardly deal with the fact they actually killed someone too. We need OOC IQ test before people hand out PF/CCW licenses to someone,

Should probably spell dyslexic right if you're gonna call people retarded in the same sentence. 

• Thanks 2
  • Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

So, the lesson to learn here is, if you come across this sort of stuff. Report them.

Those involved in the video above are already being addressed.

The issue isn't about just reporting them. What can you do about it? Punish them? Sure. And then tomorrow, some other person, with same mental illness will get their PF/CCW and do it again. 

Whilst I do agree that there's an issue, from my perspective it's a bit wider then just "mallrats carrying guns".

The following statement basically says everything: "vigilantism is directly correlated to the excessive gun violence."

My suggestion:

Currently there's way too many guns in circulation to even discuss removing CCWs/PFs, legal, illegal and stolen. And I do support revoking everyone's PF and CCW for a more stricter application process but only if we remove everyone's guns (no matter if you are a CCW holder or not) and re-do the entire application process.

And keep gun suppliers, I don't think there's an issue with that, someone will profit out of this and due to the demand, it's probably gun suppliers.

24 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

It's so easy to pass the test they give you for CCW/GC, I think a dislectic, retarded person could pass that test in a heartbeat. SHAFT Code has many loopholes in it anyways. It wouldn't even be a problem if people just have CCW. Here they use it as an excuse to kill people, most often, illegal roleplayers. And I bet this person didn't even lose their CCW, nor it was arrested, even though they killed someone. Average person, civilian, would hardly deal with the fact they actually killed someone too. We need OOC IQ test before people hand out PF/CCW licenses to someone,

Homie out here calling people dyslexic and can't spell it himself 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
18 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

Even though it really is a RPQM issue, this player will go unharmed ICly, and keep their CCW license, that's the biggest issue. There's so many of them around, gunning down people over a fist fight with their CCW, using their CCW just as a reason to involve themselves in shootouts. IRL CCW holder will NEVER involve himself in a shootout if his life isn't in imminent danger. It's not a problem to report them to RPQM, the biggest issue is handing out CCWs to these people without an OOC IQ test on the application.

Actually no, if PF's are abused and don't make sense for the character, RPQM talk to the main people who give out the PF license and revoke them, while we as admins can also just take the licenses away.

7 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

The issue isn't about just reporting them. What can you do about it? Punish them? Sure. And then tomorrow, some other person, with same mental illness will get their PF/CCW and do it again. 

The same goes for players who drive drive unrealistically, metagame, deathmatch, or powergame. Report them.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

If this applied to every single character in the server, we wouldn't be here. Let's no pretend CCW holders are the only ones contributing to the problems here. The screenshot just makes for an easy target.

It shouldn't be an easy target. There is no parallel for this behavior among legal and illegal gun owners. This is exclusive to a class of player on this server that doesn't make sense, or only makes sense because of the hyperinflation of petty crime in Los Santos and a variety of OOC judgement calls.

A high-power lawyer, who feels threatened by his line of work? Fair. The wife of a police officer who made enemies with a gang near their house? Sure. A store clerk in the middle of the ghetto who gets robbed like clockwork? Works.

Why is a catgirl carrying a gun, why is she allowed to use it, and where did it come from? Why did two ULSA students shoot a guy who harassed them like it was nothing? I am all for guns being restricted for EVERYONE. They SHOULD be rare. They should be coveted by criminals and a last resort for civilians who don't want to risk losing them to the courts for looking just as insane as the people they "down." A big part of what perpetuates the cycle is the no risk policy for permit holders: they can easily get a new firearm if they die to a PK. If there's no reason for them to be scared of death, why shouldn't they be heroes?

Why not institute a two-week waiting period to replace a firearm? Why not limit or disrupt what gun suppliers get so that the demand is real and criminals resort to melee weapons, like they do in real life? Why is mace not a thing? Both legal and illegal factions need to roleplay guns better, but my anger is directed at a very specific subset of players: club kids who see gun crime as an impediment to more fun things like shopping, racing and sex, and commit it themselves under OOC pretense to expedite getting back to the fun things. Robberies mean items that need to be bought again, numbers that need to be changed, and potentially even injuries or Facebrowser posts. Gun permits mean a quick "you're welcome" to the police and you're on your way.

Lots of people want them to leave the server. It's not that their presence is unrealistic. In fact, I think we need them. But when was the last time you saw a robbery averted by a girl rolling on molly in a leather miniskirt?

• Selena locked this topic