Uber Eats or Food Delivery Drivers (Added To The Taxi Script)

KriCorvo

Short description: 

I recently created a character and decided to work as a Taxi Driver.. To my surprise I realised that actually it's quite scarce in terms of actual work to do. Most of the people that work as a Taxi Driver sit and wait like vultures to accept a job and not many people actually get Taxis on the server.

I think that now with the taxi script, something in the form of like a food request should be made where something pops up where you have to deliver food to a random checkpoint on the map and RP dropping it off, collecting the money and such.

It should also be implemented that players can order food to their location and such. I think this would create more work for the Taxi job and not make it feel like a dead end job because barely anyone files for a taxi these days and I always see that's it a rush to accept the job when it turns up.

The payment doesn't have to be much because let's say the food company takes a cut and such but it's still generating income to the people in that job.

Detailed description:

To put it into more detail, I want it to generate more of a feel for the taxi driver job and not make it feel like they do nothing until the server is active and 1 in 500 people use the /taxi command or call a taxi. I'm not saying that it should pay loads but it should help generate a better income for all taxi driver's. 

I'm sure you guys are aware of how many Uber Eats, Just Eat, Deliveroo, etc drivers there are out there and how popular that business is. Maybe local businesses on the server allow taxi drivers to come in store and collect a certain order and then they deliver to a checkpoint, this also helps generate income for the business, the driver and the industry. It gives the role something more to do and more realism to the role.

This city is usually booming and for there to be a job out there that no one uses despite clubs being open and people getting drunk and then not getting a taxi home or something is unusual. 

Players shouldn't get paid on an hourly basis it should be on a delivery basis. Each delivery of food gives them like $40/$50 each time. 

These deliveries could be ANYWHERE across LS, Sandy or Paleto.

Commands to add: 

Something along the lines of:

"/taxistart food" - Starts the shift as a delivery driver within a Taxi

"/acceptorder XXX" - Accepts the most recent order that appeared on their dashboard. This then sets a waypoint to the respective restaurant / deli where the driver arrives and RP's with the restaurant owner / workers.

"/pickuporder" - Picks up the food order once it's ready from the restaurant or deli in question. Once this is picked up, it sets a waypoint to the random destination allowing the driver to make their way

"/dropoff food" - Drops off the food to the customer once stood at the waypoint which is placed at the doorway.

Items to add: 

N/A There is already food within the game that is served when you go to a player ran restaurant so maybe something is created that dispenses said food. Maybe add like burger meals and such from all the Cluckin Bells and Burgershots across LS.

How would your suggestion improve the server?

It would generate more work for Taxi Driver's and make them feel as though they have an actual job to do instead of waiting for the rare instance of a player requesting a taxi.

Additional information:

N/A

Edited by KriCorvo
Applied the relevant format

Tbh I just think of the pizza boy job from Vice City. I don't think this should be added as an addition to the taxi service but maybe just a new service in general? Simultaneously, I feel like enough people speed around and grind the trucker job, and that speed around with Taxis, that this would also just increase the amount of people speeding around. But also, having an noob-friendly delivery job thats similar to the garbage job is nice too. Meh.

No.

Restaurants should just have the sense to offer this service on their own or through a company that does it for them. No script is needed for this, certainly not the taxi script, which is just unrealistic. If someone starts a company and it becomes popular, then maybe look at it like with Gruppe 6.

2 hours ago, Triple Seven said:

Restaurants should just have the sense to offer this service on their own or through a company that does it for them. No script is needed for this, certainly not the taxi script, which is just unrealistic. If someone starts a company and it becomes popular, then maybe look at it like with Gruppe 6.

Do you not think it would be realistic to have food delivery services?

I agree when you say that restaurant's should have the sense to offer this service but they don't whether this be due to laziness or not thinking of the idea.

I say Taxi because a lot of Uber Drivers where I live, also deliver food with Uber Eats.

I would also like to say that Gruppe 6 only offer security, they're not a food delivery service.

As Beholder says below:

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

I don't think this should be added as an addition to the taxi service but maybe just a new service in general?

Maybe if something was just created or something then it could be beneficial. I of course want to generate a simple job for some new players that help them get to know the city and areas but also help get them started financially.

I suggested this idea just based off my own personal opinion and whether any other players agreed. I do however, really appreciate your input Triple Seven! 🙂 

1 minute ago, KriCorvo said:

I say Taxi because a lot of Uber Drivers where I live, also deliver food with Uber Eats.

Taxi is explicitly not Uber. Ride-sourcing (Uber, Lyft, etc.) is fundamentally different from taxis.

1 minute ago, KriCorvo said:

I would also like to say that Gruppe 6 only offer security, they're not a food delivery service.

Of course, if my post came across as if G6 should use their armored trucks to make food deliveries, god no. Just a similar type of script support for a company or multiple companies if there is to be a food delivery service that gets popular and restaurants actually use (before giving said company script support it needs to be something that is used through roleplay, which is not a problem to try as a business already)

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic