Communities instead of factions

Lurleen

5 minutes ago, Van said:

I would like to have another faction-like group for characters which represents communities.

So it goes like this in ranking:

Community

Faction

Group

Person

Out of four, only community and faction would have it's own scripted chat and grouping. This could help bond people more and rp seeing each other around more. 

For things like this, I feel that Discord's already exist surrounding certain communities, and this is a great way of having more interaction and notification of what is happening in an area. Whether a community should have an ingame chat or not, I don't know. 

See: image.png.3f91a7da49a9d4c05b4341d6624c0a82.png and image.png.58d9f700a478879d49df654ff7f83972.png - Just as two examples of the ones  I know of. 

2 hours ago, Adv said:

For things like this, I feel that Discord's already exist surrounding certain communities, and this is a great way of having more interaction and notification of what is happening in an area. Whether a community should have an ingame chat or not, I don't know. 

See: image.png.3f91a7da49a9d4c05b4341d6624c0a82.png and image.png.58d9f700a478879d49df654ff7f83972.png - Just as two examples of the ones  I know of. 

Yeah, I know discords do exist, they are definitely helpful. But also there are many people who aren't in those as well. Or who would just prefer ig reactions, or any other reason. Might just make a whole another suggestion to point every aspect of it out, see how it goes from there.

10 hours ago, Van said:

I would like to have another faction-like group for characters which represents communities.

So it goes like this in ranking:

Community

Faction

Group

Person

Out of four, only community and faction would have it's own scripted chat and grouping. This could help bond people more and rp seeing each other around more. 

I don't think IG ooc chats are really needed, yes discords. I'd like to see a lore or information about each neighborhood in forums. Like a story of the area, active businesses, active or past groups or factions that shaped the area. Important events should be shared by discord or at the forums too.

Communities develop with factions eventually. The reason the community aspect usually dies down pretty quickly is because people make characters for the sake of joining factions, and that way that character will always be one dimensional. The goals are straight forward: 

Go get a job. 

Go sell drugs for someone. 

get invited in. 

work ur way up. 

get cked. 

A lot of faction leaders and community members need to start making characters for the sake of making them, and let their surroundings develop the character. Another thing which is also hard from what I've seen about roleplaying around a community is how every character who ain't part of the faction is going to be a perfect person. They don't do drugs, they call cops whenever they can. 

Faction leaders need to encourage their members to just roleplay around a faction, you don't have to be inducted in to join it. You should learn everything in-character, and go with the flow. 

Making threads for neighbourhoods is also not a good idea too. I think people should discover shit IC, there's no need to hold people's hand and guide them through every little thing.  

Edited by Itay_Waknine
6 hours ago, Itay_Waknine said:

Communities develop with factions eventually. The reason the community aspect usually dies down pretty quickly is because people make characters for the sake of joining factions, and that way that character will always be one dimensional. The goals are straight forward: 

Go get a job. 

Go sell drugs for someone. 

get invited in. 

work ur way up. 

get cked. 

A lot of faction leaders and community members need to start making characters for the sake of making them, and let their surroundings develop the character. Another thing which is also hard from what I've seen about roleplaying around a community is how every character who ain't part of the faction is going to be a perfect person. They don't do drugs, they call cops whenever they can. 

Faction leaders need to encourage their members to just roleplay around a faction, you don't have to be inducted in to join it. You should learn everything in-character, and go with the flow. 

Making threads for neighbourhoods is also not a good idea too. I think people should discover shit IC, there's no need to hold people's hand and guide them through every little thing.  

I think an issue with maintaining community atmospheres is the inability to make alts without special permission. I only recently found out about this, but under the metagaming rule you have to request an alt for your faction. This rule should be removed as alts are really good to add atmosphere to your neighbourhood and community, the odd parent in the area or that one pesky neighbour all add something, but you need special permission from Faction Management and it’s supposedly limited to leadership.

4 hours ago, EffPee said:

I think an issue with maintaining community atmospheres is the inability to make alts without special permission. I only recently found out about this, but under the metagaming rule you have to request an alt for your faction. This rule should be removed as alts are really good to add atmosphere to your neighbourhood and community, the odd parent in the area or that one pesky neighbour all add something, but you need special permission from Faction Management and it’s supposedly limited to leadership.

It takes 10 minutes to get an alt accepted with a 99% acceptance rate,

Just now, DLimit said:

It takes 10 minutes to get an alt accepted with a 99% acceptance rate,

I just question why they even need to be requested, seems like extra protocol that's ultimately unnecessary if the acceptance rate is so high anyway.

Just now, EffPee said:

I just question why they even need to be requested, seems like extra protocol that's ultimately unnecessary if the acceptance rate is so high anyway.

It is to keep tabs on factions to ensure that there isn't metagaming, powergaming, or asset transferring. You basically submit the reason for the alt and it's purpose in the faction etc...

• Wuhtah locked this topic