Communities instead of factions

Lurleen

Just now, DLimit said:

It is to keep tabs on factions to ensure that there isn't metagaming, powergaming, or asset transferring. You basically submit the reason for the alt and it's purpose in the faction etc...

Right but on another server we didn't have to request alts and very rarely did metagaming between alts actually occur; I'm sure you understand that it seems a bit unnecessary to request an alt if that alt is purely for the sake of supplementing the atmosphere in your faction territory.

17 minutes ago, EffPee said:

Right but on another server we didn't have to request alts and very rarely did metagaming between alts actually occur; I'm sure you understand that it seems a bit unnecessary to request an alt if that alt is purely for the sake of supplementing the atmosphere in your faction territory.

This is to weed out those that do, and it has happened in the past. 

There are other ways to ICly move the process along with getting funding and other assistance for community projects, such as reaching out to the Department of Health and Human Services in LSGOV.
Not everything has to immediately be brought to LFM. That’s why these departments exist, especially for acting as a liaison between the community, governments and LFM. 

I’m not saying bypass LFM by any means, but that there are other ways to ICly go about getting things done in communities. 

3 hours ago, Katja said:

There are other ways to ICly move the process along with getting funding and other assistance for community projects, such as reaching out to the Department of Health and Human Services in LSGOV.
Not everything has to immediately be brought to LFM. That’s why these departments exist, especially for acting as a liaison between the community, governments and LFM. 

I’m not saying bypass LFM by any means, but that there are other ways to ICly go about getting things done in communities. 

I think the core of the issue and this is something I've thought for a long time is the lack of a centralized hub where this information is disseminated from. GTAW has a steep learning curve but the steepest part has to be the finer points of running a business or IC venture IG. I ran two businesses for three months before I ever knew there were fire marshals on the server. When my faction wanted to hold an event I reached out to a staff member for help, that was the first time I had heard you need a permit from City Hall, co-signed by PD and FD, all three of which's applications for such are on their own individual forums that no one but their members have a reason to use. Hell, I had run five businesses before someone told me about the cities business grant program. Something I think a lot of people would benefit from.

I'm not saying these processes are a bad thing, I'll admit it can be really annoying sometimes but I appreciate the RP that comes from it. But it needs to be centralized, a guide on the forums by the people in GOV would be a good start. However, I really think we need to get these sub forums either built into this forum or somehow get all applications moved over to the UCP or something UCP like.

25 minutes ago, Henning said:

I think the core of the issue and this is something I've thought for a long time is the lack of a centralized hub where this information is disseminated from. GTAW has a steep learning curve but the steepest part has to be the finer points of running a business or IC venture IG. I ran two businesses for three months before I ever knew there were fire marshals on the server. When my faction wanted to hold an event I reached out to a staff member for help, that was the first time I had heard you need a permit from City Hall, co-signed by PD and FD, all three of which's applications for such are on their own individual forums that no one but their members have a reason to use. Hell, I had run five businesses before someone told me about the cities business grant program. Something I think a lot of people would benefit from.

I'm not saying these processes are a bad thing, I'll admit it can be really annoying sometimes but I appreciate the RP that comes from it. But it needs to be centralized, a guide on the forums by the people in GOV would be a good start. However, I really think we need to get these sub forums either built into this forum or somehow get all applications moved over to the UCP or something UCP like.

Absolutely agree. There are plenty of improvements to be made, guides would be helpful and so would centralizing a lot more of the information. I’ve got some things to work on now. 🙂 

I also had no idea about quite a few things until I stumbled upon the information or dug around to find it. It’ll only help facilitate more RP between GOV, etc, and players if we make the information more accessible, so I certainly agree. 

Edited by Katja
  • Wuhtah locked this topic