How can I promote a dying business?

caballero

1 hour ago, mj2002 said:

if you have any good suggestions on what to do in order to improve this situation, we're happy to hear them.

Unfortunately, in my opinion; this stems from a mentality issue and isn’t something that can be fixed through adding in a feature of a script update.

The server in its current state offers an enormous amount of possibilities like being able to make a veterinary clinic, a janitorial company, a gardener; the freedom aspect of being able to make businesses with the only cap being your imagination is a strength that GTA:W has. 

However, because the majority of players mentalities are built around making money (something the server does little to nothing to deter), people who want to run a business go for what will guarantee them money; because they know full well that if their cocktail blip is the only one on the map, they’re bound to get stormed with about 20 customers looking to basically find other people to roleplay with. Not only this, but from the perspective of a new player; why go to unique businesses when they don’t offer anything that you can use beyond talking to someone? You can do the same thing in a bar with about 10 other people.

I can’t blame the business owner for wanting to make money in a server environment which does nothing to promote roleplay & instead focuses on money making, especially one in which setting a business up can end up draining the average players bank account dry with set-up fees & wages for jobs that aren’t traditionally scripted (EG: Mechanic, Store Clerk etc).

I can’t even particularly blame players either for wanting to go to these bars and clubs above anywhere else because the city can feel particularly dead at times, especially when the server is at 800+ people and 1/3 or more are locked away indoors in cliques.

The solution for the issue isn’t something that can be solved through scripts or rules, but through instead encouraging people to focus on roleplay first and money second. It’s a mentality issue, and the mentality can only be changed over time through moulding new players into being roleplay oriented whilst offering more benefits to those looking to make businesses for the sake of roleplay.

TL;DR:

Issue is one of player mentality where making money takes focus over roleplay. Players flock to bars and clubs because they’re the only existing public social points on the map, and business owners make bars and clubs to capitalise on it. The solution is to change the mentalities of new players while offering benefits to those who take unique business risks.

Edited by TinPan
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
On 4/29/2021 at 6:55 AM, Stiggz said:

Honestly man it’s not your fault, a lot of it has to do with the business. Is it a bar? Is it a mechanic shop? If you answered no, chances are nobody is gonna come or do anything with it. The main gist of this server is erp and fast cars and not much else inbetween in terms of roleplay 

On 4/29/2021 at 7:43 AM, LICE said:

So here's my idea - we monopolize ERP. If people wanna ERP, they need ERP points which deplete per raunchy emote they type. How do you attain ERP points? By working out at gym scripts. So to have a full ERP session? Minimum one hour at the gym getting swole.

Thank me later. Or just thank me now. Problem solved.

This

I've noticed people are really attracted to the social aspect of the server, bars and clubs seem to be all the rage these days. I think we're starting to see a new generation of roleplayers that are just here for the social aspect and not so much the RP aspect of things.

39 minutes ago, Kyleb said:

People on this server want to RP 6'4 and muscular but never bother RPing exercising or getting them gains smh

6'4 muscular men that drive small JDM cars that are in pristine condition despite having being driven for 3k miles in a week and being 30 years old 

just imagine the sigh of a 220 LBS, 6'4 man coming out of a supra irl

Edited by Santanaa

When it comes to sports / fitness RP, you need as a gym to offer something unique rather than just some facilities to RP.

This means either having classes / training sessions etc, but if you want it to work, you need to make your business a community first and a gym second.

At ULSA, we have a few sports teams from athletics, swimteams, football, basketball, cheer and baseball. These teams regularly have practice sessions, try outs and get to RP together. All this forges a sense of both sub-community within the faction and a team spirit between these players

This is naturally harder for a non affiliated gym, but I'd recommend you try and do something to bring the members together and make more of a community because if you can capture that spirit, people will keep coming back for the RP.

• Wuhtah locked this topic