How can I promote a dying business?

caballero

4 minutes ago, Santanaa said:

Greetings, 

I'm in no way focusing on money.

What I am saying is that if no one comes, or only 4 people come, I'm not able to organize any roleplay. If I had been focusing on money, I would've sold the gym a long time ago. I've never cared about money and I won't start now. I want to provide roleplay, "value" as you say, but I simply cannot without visibility and anyone attending. I got trainers, yoga teachers, reception workers and bartenders on standby because no one comes, yet we strive forward since we do not care about income. We just want people to come.

Greetings. 

Let's make it more interesting. 

Can you name 10 points why should I come to your gym? 

1 minute ago, Shvag said:

Greetings. 

Let's make it more interesting. 

Can you name 10 points why should I come to your gym? 

All of these points would be purely IC, and they'll be available ( and more detailed ) in a post that I'm working on for the internet section of forum :

Our facilities are large.

Our facilities include a huge variety of installations, including a bar!

We have competitive prices for our memberships.

We host regular fight nights in which you can participate ( And win! )

Our members have the right to enroll in private training with any of our specialized trainers.

The facilities are located in a very nice part of the city.

A gym break is scientifically ensured to stimulate various brain chemicals that may leave you feeling happier, less anxious and more relaxed.

Our staff is friendly, they appreciate any kind of progress and they'll help you with your self esteem if you don't think you're making any progress with your workouts.

It's very easy to socialize! Help eachother with power lifting, give eachother calisthenics tips, get in a cage with a stranger, share some yoga moves!

And lastly, exercising will help you combat many health conditions and diseases.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Santanaa said:

All of these points would be purely IC, and they'll be available ( and more detailed ) in a post that I'm working on for the internet section of forum :

Our facilities are large.

Our facilities include a huge variety of installations, including a bar!

We have competitive prices for our memberships.

We host regular fight nights in which you can participate ( And win! )

Our members have the right to enroll in private training with any of our specialized trainers.

The facilities are located in a very nice part of the city.

A gym break is scientifically ensured to stimulate various brain chemicals that may leave you feeling happier, less anxious and more relaxed.

Our staff is friendly, they appreciate any kind of progress and they'll help you with your self esteem if you don't think you're making any progress with your workouts.

It's very easy to socialize! Help eachother with power lifting, give eachother calisthenics tips, get in a cage with a stranger, share some yoga moves!

And lastly, exercising will help you combat many health conditions and diseases.

Great. Now try to think what kind of points you would be able to hear from other gyms in the server. Be self-critical. Reflect on yourself and your business. Try to cross out all your mentioned points that other businesses are offering at the moment. After that try to find out something unique that would provide value for the people. Nobody cares about health conditions or diseases. We are gaming community. 

Edited by Shvag
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Shvag said:

Great. Now try to think what kind of points you would be able to hear from other gyms in the server. Be self-critical. Reflect on yourself and your business. Try to cross out all your mentioned points that other businesses are offering at the moment. After that try to find out something unique that would provide value for the people. Nobody cares about health conditions or diseases. We are gaming not community. 

Lmao that last line got me. Thanks for the tips. Yeah, people don't really care about health conditions, as I've realized :

GTA5_48kEZZlsz1.png.38e19322d1ca64666c15004cb6a76e9f.png

7 minutes ago, Santanaa said:

Lmao that last line got me. Thanks for the tips. Yeah, people don't really care about health conditions, as I've realized :

GTA5_48kEZZlsz1.png.38e19322d1ca64666c15004cb6a76e9f.png

Happy to help. 

Try to find out some unique points. Telling everyone that you are doing "events" at your gym today is like telling to other people that your faction is selling drugs. Nobody cares. 

People are coming IG to have a good time. They don't want to think about their health, diseases and protein milkshakes. Provide them a good time and you will be awarded. 

• Thanks 1

You mentioned "We host regular fight nights in which you can participate ( And win! )" If my character knew about this at some point in the future she'd totally attend to watch an event like that! I've not heard about it though. So perhaps you've already got great ideas and services at your gym but the people who'd be interested just don't know it exists. /ads are very limited and shouldn't be the only form of advertising people should consider. Good Facebrowser advertisement takes time to build but it is well worth it. People return to my Doppler Facebrowser page daily to see what new movie is showing next! I can't be in game to /cad 24/7 but now I've built my page up once I've posted on FB that advertisement is working for me without me having to do anything else.
The Doppler Cinema exploded after I took part as a judge in the Los Santos Talent Show at Fantasia. This wasn't even an event at the Doppler but it did very well for us. So finding events to create and also ways to work with other companies or brands is also great for getting your name out there.

And you mentioned making an internet thread. While that's a good idea I'd suggest thinking about making a business page instead. I'm lazy at the moment so haven't made one for the Doppler yet but if you're going for a "website" thread for your gym I think it'd work pretty well under the business thread section and it's just used and seen and commented on way more than the internet section. 

But yeah obviously you may already be doing everything I said I'm not sure what gym you own but again reading through some of your posts your gym sounds great and interesting! So I'm not sure thats the problem. But from my experience seeing you do fights! That'd I'd like to watch in the future but I don't know about your gym or about the fights. I'd say maybe make sure you're advertising in multiple different ways. Creative ways, and as many platforms as you can. 

Oh and everyone loves a good graphic like a poster. Sometimes for big movies I hand out posters /notes to taxi drivers to pin in their taxis and people love it and does very well. People really like seeing the actual poster in game and seeing it somewhere like the back of a taxi cab

Edited by Rafiki

Have you thought about holding events? Like spin class? bike ridding? Group running, meeting at the gym then going off running things like that. Habeeb joined a gym but I only ever saw it open a couple of times. 

I RP Rafi goes to the gym to do some weights and things but unless you go with someone or there's something engaging then it does get a little boring quickly if you're just there RPing on your own as there is limited interaction to be had with the staff...unless you do as I said? 

Honestly man it’s not your fault, a lot of it has to do with the business. Is it a bar? Is it a mechanic shop? If you answered no, chances are nobody is gonna come or do anything with it. The main gist of this server is erp and fast cars and not much else inbetween in terms of roleplay 

So here's my idea - we monopolize ERP. If people wanna ERP, they need ERP points which deplete per raunchy emote they type. How do you attain ERP points? By working out at gym scripts. So to have a full ERP session? Minimum one hour at the gym getting swole.

Thank me later. Or just thank me now. Problem solved.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic