Open letter to the IFM

Copa Cabana

By activity people mean brawl and flexing screens on every page and shootout or executions videos everyday? Well if you think so, you are wrong and you should go back to school to continue studying about gangs, actually. As for Violi crew, I can only speak for myself not for them or anyone. 

I pretty much do not engage in criminal roleplay, but people behind Violi crew are ones who are perhaps the oldest (in terms of joining) on the server and most of them already have extensive criminal roleplay portrayal behind them. So stating they add nothing to the roleplay is simply wrong. There go my two cents. And I believe they said in the beginning, that they will engage in non-scripted roleplay, which yes you guessed...also mean, less screens and spectacular adventures, as those are, in most cases...scripted.

Edited by Engelbert
1 minute ago, maramizo said:

report them. read the post by shanks above. you're free to talk about the result of the report with other players, lord knows i personally am interested in seeing how this is handled. the allegation of there being favoritism and bias is the clear issue to me here, honestly, the way i see it the dudes in violi crew just want to play the game and i have nothing against that but i've also been told by other players about fuckery regarding who gets what supplier with nepotistic favoritism.

so, for the sake of transparency, but also to maintain systematic integrity, i think you should be obliged to report that decision given the inactivity and quality of roleplay, and ask for a clear explanation as to why they were allowed in in the first place.

i may sound black pilled here, but even if there is favoritism, and even if nothing comes out of it while there is favoritism, it's important to allow for a degree of transparency that will allow us all to eventually move forward rather than burying it under. so the first move of making the report is very important and cannot be underestimated.

Wholeheartedly agreed. It's just that I'm pretty sure nothing would come of such report. If IFM wants to deny some faction, they are free to do so, but they shouldn't approve a faction that is empirically worse in every criteria you can make up right after that. It simply is outrageous. Now, if IFM handles this in a proper manner and accepts that this was a mistake in their judgement, I'm totally fine with apologizing.

2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

The way you spoke of the team and portrayed it really put that in a different manner, and I'm sure you'll understand that if you read back as well. Requirements land on both quality and continuity within the server. As stated above - if there's disagreements or legit concerns, there are ways to appeal it as well. Which involves the management of the server. This is stated in the same thread.

I ask that you please report this, faction reports. Sitting here and complaining about the team when no reports are filed is just a little beyond to me. Sometimes people have excuses, a busy life or whatnot - yes. But when you report or reach out to us, we generally respond and take thing seriously here. I don't know why you believe we wouldn't and what sort of stories have been fed to you - but I respond to every single forum PM I get, and they pile up to quite a few a day. But please use the right channels, they are all there for you to go through. Don't post these comments on threads and expect us to then side with you on it, just go through the correct process is all I ask.

Alright, I'll take your word for it and report the said faction. Hopefully it will be handled in an appropriate manner. 

3 minutes ago, Copa Cabana said:

Wholeheartedly agreed. It's just that I'm pretty sure nothing would come of such report. If IFM wants to deny some faction, they are free to do so, but they shouldn't approve a faction that is empirically worse in every criteria you can make up right after that. It simply is outrageous. Now, if IFM handles this in a proper manner and accepts that this was a mistake in their judgement, I'm totally fine with apologizing.

There have been multiple cases of IFM being overruled and factions being recreated.

And it's hard to have any sort of understanding of the Agani situation without them showing their reason for denial. 

If you want transparency from IFM, you'll need to show some yourself first.

Edited by Свето
4 minutes ago, Copa Cabana said:

you have to make the report. assuming the worst out of ifm benefits everyone nothing. not only this, but people interested in simply witnessing how the report progresses should be able to, given that this is an offense to the general RP populace and a claim if infringement on their own right to an unbiased and fair system.

5 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

By activity people mean brawl and flexing screens on every page and shootout or executions videos everyday? Well if you think so, you are wrong and you should go back to school to continue studying about gangs, actually. As for Violi crew, I can only speak for myself not for them or anyone. 

I pretty much do not engage in criminal roleplay, but people behind Violi crew are ones who are perhaps the oldest (in terms of joining) on the server and most of them already have extensive criminal roleplay portrayal behind them. So stating they add nothing to the roleplay is simply wrong. There go my two cents.

i'm not going to say a single word. see that post of mine as you wish. i will not attack them, but the implications there are very clear of what they themselves consider to be worthy roleplay.

mind you, i've been roleplaying for a while, but roleplay is an art. it takes a lot of effort, and it's subjective. i'm not saying these guys are bad at all, at all! i'm simply saying that their roleplay might be taken as unoriginal given the direct innuendos from the Sopranos, and the lack of activity behind the thread makes the decision seem questionable.

i don't know the dudes, maybe they're on 10 hours a day and just don't like posting screens? maybe they're super active? maybe they actually just love the show and pay homage to it through their roleplay?

all of these are totally fine with me, but the latter is not fine to ifm. hence, if ifm has a double standard, then i have an issue with that.

i wish nothing but luck and happiness to all members in both factions, but i know that neither of these will be achieved by me if i feel that i'm in a system that's unfair based on friendships. 

Edited by maramizo
Just now, Copa Cabana said:

Alright, I'll take your word for it and report the said faction. Hopefully it will be handled in an appropriate manner. 

OK, good. I am glad we got to this point then and clarified a few things. Now before this flies off topic further and goes beyond whatever this was used for, I'm gonna lock it and leave it there. I think we addressed the issues and got to a point where we can agree on what goes on as well as the procedure for handling these things - which always was there. We don't need to carry this on, but my PMs are always open for these things.

• Upvote 2
  • Shanks locked this topic