Open letter to the IFM

Copa Cabana

6 minutes ago, Copa Cabana said:

So now people need permission to post things on the forum? Will you call your sugar daddy in the IFM?

as for these claims the owners of threads have always been able to report to have posts removed from threads. it’s not ifm specific or the first time it’s happened.

Spoiler

[...] Violi Crew adds no value to the server, they engage sub-par Sopranos roleplay... but they're friends! With this you've spit in the face of literally [...] when someone posts criticism or satire on Violi thread? Yeah, you run as fast as you can to remove those posts. It's all way too visible. How come a faction that clearly does not deserve their status only has praise comments in their thread?

I understand how hard it can be when an old friend asks you for a favor on Discord to help his faction, even if that faction is an extension of a bigger faction that wants to have 2 extra supplier slots. It is tough to say no to a friend. If you can't say no and show blatant favoritism? Maybe it's just time for you to resign and give the status to someone who's motivated to make positive change and give all factions equal ground no matter who they are friends with.

Edited by imi

okay from what i'm seeing here the tl;dr is 
"agani car theft good. violi crew bad. violi crew get official, ifm bad."

my genuine take is, if you're not involved in that faction, and you don't know the details as to why they weren't accepted (assuming they even applied in the first place), then you simply don't have enough information to make a decision. ifm provide detailed information and are actually very descriptive for the most part when it comes to denials (this is from experience).

while there are still ways to go and improve (i have a very "unique" view on how ifm should operate — lore creation, special RP systems releases & integrations, that sort of vibe is what i think it would excel at) — i don't think their choice of who gets official is... tainted (except for the one time shanks literally posted his own faction as an official faction).

p.s: ifm have nothing to do with post deletion, that's forum staff.

Edited by maramizo
1 minute ago, arkan said:

as for these claims the owners of threads have always been able to report to have posts removed from threads. it’s not ifm specific or the first time it’s happened.

Yes you can, but it shows immaturity when you can't handle criticism. And in the post you quote I was referring to X implying in this thread that I need his permission to post anything.

A group has no ingame faction script, no UCP scripts, and is considered to have an ICly limited power over other factions when it comes to the aspects of fear roleplay, retaliations & wars. Being a group means that you're also ICly limited in resources and manpower. Character kills on the entire group can be granted to existing factions if a war had to be started.

All your members will be able to post screenshots on your group thread, which will help you to apply for a faction. You can decide to keep your group forever and never apply for a faction.

Groups can still be closed at any moments by illegal faction management if your roleplay does not match our continuity, or if you're not bringing good roleplay to the server.

You can decide to keep your group forever and never apply for a faction.

I) Creating your group thread

This step is optional, if you believe that you have enough members for a faction and that you're going to be creating a long term faction, you may directly jump to step 2.

1 minute ago, maramizo said:

okay from what i'm seeing here the tl;dr is 
"agani car theft good. viola crew bad. viola crew get official, ifm bad."

my genuine take is, if you're not involved in that faction, and you don't know the details as to why they weren't accepted (assuming they even applied in the first place), then you simply don't have enough information to make a decision. ifm provide detailed information and are actually very descriptive for the most part when it comes to denials (this is from experience).

while there are still ways to go and improve (i have a very "unique" view on how ifm should operate — lore creation, special RP systems releases & integrations, that sort of vibe is what i think it would excel at) — i don't think their choice of who gets official is... tainted (except for the one time shanks literally posted his own faction as an official faction).

p.s: ifm have nothing to do with post deletion, that's forum staff.

As per your first point, if I would be part of Agani, I'd be accused of crying that my faction didn't get official. If I am not part of Agani, I'm accused of not knowing the details and that I should just leave.

Secondly, the official status is a recognition that you are a quality faction that creates RP, that creates value to the server and is active. What I see in Violi is posting every now and then just so people don't think they died. There are many reasons why to deny them, but they never were denied.

It depends what posts you refer to. If I post something that's clearly against forum rules, any admin is well within their right to remove it. However, if I post criticism/genuine questions then it's just muting a member for no reason pretty much.

• Shanks locked this topic