Open letter to the IFM

Copa Cabana

Hey ladies and gents, I was considering to write this for a long long while. I know I'm putting myself and my faction into massive harm's way with this letter, but I see no other way to express what I've seen regarding the IFM. An open letter seems to be the best format for this.

Dear IFM,

I joined this server not that long ago and ever since I stepped foot in, I got amazed at the great systems, staff and players in this server on a daily basis. The amount of opportunity is surreal. GTA World is truly one of a kind server, yet it has one of the most dysfunctional Illegal Faction Management teams I've seen in a long while. I should note that what I'm about to say covers the team in general and not specific persons in it. So, back to where I was, I heard MANY horror stories about the IFM but I never paid much attention to it. From ignoring some faction leaders on purpose to giving a little "extra" to the leaders you like. From influence of OOC friendships to removal of comments you didn't like. I've ignored that. But recently you've done something so brazen and open, something that shows what cess-pit you really are. I am talking about The Violi Crew and Agani Car-Theft Ring. Two LCN factions. Both of them applied for official status. One of them had just a few members, barely any RP screenshots and 1 month of existance. Another one had many high-quality roleplayers, screenshots that read like a good book, a lot of effort and time put into their game. Yet you picked the one with the few members and 3 pages of RP excluding non-screenshot comments. Violi Crew adds no value to the server, they engage sub-par Sopranos roleplay... but they're friends! With this you've spit in the face of literally ALL other factions. You've spit in the face of every faction leader who tries their best, every faction member who wants their faction to succeed. And when someone posts criticism or satire on Violi thread? Yeah, you run as fast as you can to remove those posts. It's all way too visible. How come a faction that clearly does not deserve their status only has praise comments in their thread?

I understand how hard it can be when an old friend asks you for a favor on Discord to help his faction, even if that faction is an extension of a bigger faction that wants to have 2 extra supplier slots. It is tough to say no to a friend. If you can't say no and show blatant favoritism? Maybe it's just time for you to resign and give the status to someone who's motivated to make positive change and give all factions equal ground no matter who they are friends with.

• Upvote 8
  • Applaud 4

Here is the two factions' threads. Violi literally has 2 people who post every now and then. That's it. They don't even put any effort into it because they know they don't need any, their friends in the IFM will help them out. Meanwhile, Agani thread speaks for itself.

https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/45472-the-violi-crew/page/5/

https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/44939-agani-car-theft-ring/

There is literally NO explanation for why one is official and the other one isn't. Literally none.

A person named "X" who post screenshots on the Violi, apparently being one of their members, also has his own faction that was made last sunday and has official. I'm not kidding. He hasn't even gotten to the 1 month requirement.

Edited by Copa Cabana
Just now, Copa Cabana said:

Hello, no. I have my own faction and I have never PMed anyone in the IFM about becoming official.

well i can see that you feel strongly about this have you asked anyone involved in the agani crime ring about what’s going on with their process or if they’ve even applied to be a faction?

2 minutes ago, Copa Cabana said:

So now people need permission to post things on the forum? Will you call your sugar daddy in the IFM?

I was actually thinking of moving this year so I'm glad I got someplace I can live at rent free, thank you

• Upvote 1
  • Shanks locked this topic