Increase the activity timer on the /startshift $4,000 hourly jobs

6 hours ago, Brian3898 said:

I'm definitely on board with increasing the activity timer, at least 3 minutes sounds about right. As it is it feels way too grindy and spammy, let's not force people to spam out useless spam emotes for a measly 4k an hour, up to 12k.

5 mins please! It used to be 5 mins! Quality>Quantity

A little more meta-analysis of this topic:

What we experience here is two conflicting ideas of game design applied, whose effects thus counter each other.

One the one hand stands the idea to encourage players to rp odd jobs, hence we're given a paycheck for these.

On the other hand, and directly countering this, stands the idea to hold players on a short leash and allege abuse wherever someone uses the system (as it could also just be used to farm money with no rp bla bla bla).

I want to further point out how this mechanic seems to not be common knowledge within the staff even- elsewise we'd not have staff members suspecting players of "paycheck farming" when that is effectively not even possible as one had to repetitively spam emotes or taxt chat (!).

Moreso than by individual staff members' bad intention towards players' efforts this is caused by the mentioned game design that by default alleges abuse by players (and goes over the top in its efforts to prevent this, effectively encouraing a quantity in emotes and spoke short sentences).

Obviously, the effort to prevent abuse from player side effectively makes proper use inconvenient too and also cuts in the intended reward for this proper effort.

tl;dr,

a system that effectively is selective to reward rp efforts cannot be based on a 60 second timer, simple as. For this you need to actively supervise players taking part.

Given this would be quite a bureaucratic task for staff members it'd be better to give us the benefit of doubt first and, as with many other things ingame, assume we try to use it to our best efforts and - I have to say it as the game design alleges we don't- do it for the rp.

Edited by knppel

I own the tobacco shop in Sandy. I have kept the place open for upwards 6 hours straight before, and seen less than 20 people, with steady ads going up.

I am in full support of any sort of positive rework to this system. Emotes for the sake of emotes is what it is, just to get a paycheck. That three hours can be doubled easily due to lack of customers is silly.

If I wanted to play with myself I wouldn't be on GTAW.   656666721029062718.png?v=1

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Darcin said:

I own the tobacco shop in Sandy. I have kept the place open for upwards 6 hours straight before, and seen less than 20 people, with steady ads going up.

I am in full support of any sort of positive rework to this system. Emotes for the sake of emotes is what it is, just to get a paycheck. That three hours can be doubled easily due to lack of customers is silly.

If I wanted to play with myself I wouldn't be on GTAW.   656666721029062718.png?v=1

Stole this one because it's hilarious....

/me sniffs

/me breathes

**You will be paid for your work in the business in 28 minutes. **

/me coughs

/me looks around.

**You will be paid for your work in the business in 28 minutes. **

Umm-Yes-I-Have-A-Question.jpg

Edited by Sixty
16 minutes ago, SULLI said:

Never even realized it was limited in the first place! All for upping the timer, plus one. 

While I guessed some sort of restriction was in place, I didn't expect it to be that tight.

1 hour ago, Sixty said:

/me coughs

faa4c92732dfd766752a0a2c5a8d551e.png

• Applaud 1