Increase the activity timer on the /startshift $4,000 hourly jobs

Short description: The current timer (as far as I know) for inactivity on the /startshift $4,000 hourly jobs is 60 seconds. This means that every minute you have to show some sort of activity either through emotes or typing. This sounds good on paper, but I think this definitely is a problem that has gone silent too long. Increase this timer from 1 minute to somewhere between 3-5 minutes.

Detailed description: The current system is counterproductive to creating quality over quantity. Asking people to be on shift and come up with emotes every 60 seconds is a bit overkill. I understand the need to combat money farmers and such, but I believe this actually inhibits people's desire to work in these kinds of jobs. Is money everything? No. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be completely unimportant. A 60 second timer in essence creates a chore to remember to keep up with the timer rather than create a quality role play experience. Even while working at a player-owned business like a restaurant, there are only so many things you can do especially when there is down time. There are only so many counters you can clean before these actions become repetitive and mundane, thus creating an atmosphere that isn't fun or engaging. Simple solution is to increase the timer again back to 3-5 minutes. Encourage people to report those who might try to abuse this system, just like any other aspect of the server that might be abused.

Commands to add: None

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server? Simple. This will emphasize quality over quantity. Trying to focus on 60 emotes an hour is overkill.

Additional information: Old thread that was archived, but many opinions that echo this sentiment for increasing the timer.

https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/28018-active-roleplay-timer-for-jobs/

• Upvote 16
  • Applaud 2

BIG PLUS ONE This is especially needed for taxi's. Let me explain why.

The taxi timer only decreases when you're IN the taxi actively RPing. When you're driving customers, that's all well and good. However, the other day even though there were 800 people online there was on average 1 call every 20 mins.

Let's say a call lasts 5 mins (that's dragging it out). 

It would take 12 taxi calls, and active RP to reach the 4k bonus. And if on average a call is coming in once every 20 mins, it will take 240 minutes or 4 HOURS to reach the bonus, and that's assuming you even get the taxi calls in the first instance and someone else hasn't beaten you too it.

Otherwise how many times can you "/me taps the dash staring at his phone waiting for a call to come in". 

• Upvote 1

Big support it used to be 5 minutes and I may add don't limit to /me and /do only but if the person is.speaking it should also count. Somtimes stores get quiet, but having the one minute timer is just wrong. Bring.it back to 5 minutes like last year. If someone is willing to spend 3 hours a day in a business for 12k I don't see a problem with that. It'll just mean more stores will be opened.

8 minutes ago, Planters80mm said:

Big support it used to be 5 minutes and I may add don't limit to /me and /do only but if the person is.speaking it should also count. Somtimes stores get quiet, but having the one minute timer is just wrong. Bring.it back to 5 minutes like last year. If someone is willing to spend 3 hours a day in a business for 12k I don't see a problem with that. It'll just mean more stores will be opened.

It is not limited to /me or /do. It counts /ame as well and when the person is speaking as well.