Discussion about the language barrier

sacaly

Hi, I’ve seen that topic about language barrier, where Spanish people have their own discord to help each other with that problem, so I thought it’s the right section to talk about it.

As not a native speaker I’d like to hear others like me, what they have to say about the whole language barrier and how they overcome that fear to play, because of it. I’d love to join GTA:W, but am really stressed out that my English will not be enough to make my roleplay the best I can.

A lot of people have learnt and improved their English through playing text roleplay games. Judging from your post your English is miles above some people I have seen playing the server already so you shouldn't be worried about not being up to par. Jump in and have some fun and aslong as people can make out what you're trying to say you'll be fine.

23 minutes ago, ohshititsali said:

I do still learn and get better and better If i look back at my past, my english got improved just because of being active in an English roleplay community.

You're right, confidence goes up and down. I should just overcome that fear and be optimistic, with time I'll get better and better, as you say.

2 minutes ago, r0yal said:

A lot of people have learnt and improved their English through playing text roleplay games. Judging from your post your English is miles above some people I have seen playing the server already so you shouldn't be worried about not being up to par. Jump in and have some fun and aslong as people can make out what you're trying to say you'll be fine.

Thanks, that really helps.

1 hour ago, PeopleKind said:

Your English is honestly on point man. You spell & use grammar better than a lot of native English speakers to be perfectly honest lol. If you hadn't of said you aren't a native English speaker I would of never guessed man. Don't even worry.

Thanks man it motivates me alot, because believe it or not i live in 3rd world country where nobody out here give a fuck about english + i also dont go to school (dropped out 3 times but for some reason i still can get my grades), i really really be grateful got a sauce where i can learn it for fun it also useful at some situation, i only need to go get a toefl so my english skill legally recognized to get on schollarship and jobs.

2 hours ago, r0yal said:

Hopefully all people who have low confidence read this and it motivates them to be more open and came closer willing to learn instead of AVOIDING it at all. Back then i was really taking risk, i was like " damn if i got banned it is what it is " but in reality, since I'm willing to learn and pay attention to everything I just got better and away from all that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic