Why does my character's age range fluctuate so much?

ScarletRose

Is this intentional? My character is aged 25. Yeah the actual range (When you /ex) changes anywhere from early 20s to late 20s. Is it meant to do this? If so, I don't like it. My character is meant to be 25 but sometimes the age range shows 21-25, which makes her look way younger than she is supposed to be. Likewise, sometimes it says 25-29, which makes her look older than what she is.

Why can't every character just have a static number for their age when we /examine them? Well, I get it. An age range would make people's ages more of a mystery. So we can't just know another character's exact age. This is good, it makes RP more interesting. But If we need to have an age range, why does it have to fluctuate up and down? Why can't it just stay the same? If it were up to me, I'd be okay if my age range just sat at 23-26 all the time, not go up and down each day.

Hi there, ScarletRose. 

This seems to happen to a lot of players from time to time. The best reasoning I can provide is that when characters /examine your character, they are provided with a generalized range of what your age could be. Of course, your true age remains flat and always remains the same on your licenses and such,. In most cases, there should not be a range greater than +- 3 years on each side . Although it might be frustrating, I believe developers added that in to provide players with a general range, but not your characters age directly. I BELIEVE the ranges change after server restarts! 

As a departing note, it is evident that the developers used a randomized array with your age, and a range variance when writing the script of the game. If you feel as if you have substantial backing for your age being a flat rate, I'd make a Game Suggestion, as I'm sure a lot of others share the same concern. 

Hope this helps!

Your friend,

Geo

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, Geo. said:

Hi there, ScarletRose. 

This seems to happen to a lot of players from time to time. The best reasoning I can provide is that when characters /examine your character, they are provided with a generalized range of what your age could be. Of course, your true age remains flat and always remains the same on your licenses and such,. In most cases, there should not be a range greater than +- 3 years on each side . Although it might be frustrating, I believe developers added that in to provide players with a general range, but not your characters age directly. I BELIEVE the ranges change after server restarts! 

As a departing note, it is evident that the developers used a randomized array with your age, and a range variance when writing the script of the game. If you feel as if you have substantial backing for your age being a flat rate, I'd make a Game Suggestion, as I'm sure a lot of others share the same concern. 

Hope this helps!

Your friend,

Geo

Appreciate the professional Reply. Thanks.

9 hours ago, MartosG said:

If it was not randomized and had a static parameter (-3, +3) like  you mentioned, it'd be rendered useless since anyone can do that math and know your character's age.

10 hours ago, Geo. said:

the developers used a randomized array with your age, and a range variance when writing the script of the game

Read that again homie, I've outlined that it is a randomized selection of numbers. Range being conditional, not a hard set parameter >_>

• 2 weeks later...