What warrants a CK as a civilian

This thought had me curious. 

Long story short, my character was antagonised by another character, to which my character retorted, very passively, but still, offended the antagonist. 

In passing later on, my character unintentionally learned that the antagonist may possibly be a gang faction affiliate. (For the record, this information was NOT obtained OOC, just for reference. I didn't intentionally try and play detective, it was an overheard conversation IC). 

I was curious if this action would warrant the antagonist player/character the right to file a CK application on my player. I initially imagined, if the other character was "offended" and came across my character by chance meeting, an RP scene of my character being beaten on would be warranted. But, as a straight civilian, would it warrant a "hit" at all. 

This query is, in no intention, an attempt by any form to metagame or to get out of consequences. Just a general query. Thanks!

From the sound of it, it sounds very minor in the grand scale of things. This does not appear to be enough to warrant a CK on your character, especially if what you said was true in that the other party had antagonized your character first. Of course, it’s always situational, but from the picture depicted in your post, it does not seem to be enough to warrant a CK.

• Thanks 1
Just now, Stiggz said:

CK’s are usually for big events that would realistically lead to the end of your character, or from a disregard IC’ly for your characters life, you sound fine 

^.

Don't sweat, you're not getting CKed.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Stiggz said:

CK’s are usually for big events that would realistically lead to the end of your character, or from a disregard IC’ly for your characters life, you sound fine 

This. Plus, in a previous CK Appeal it was ruled CKs are not to be approved if the one requesting it forced your character into that position.

This describes the reasons a CK can happen. Having a fight or a beef with a faction member, no matter if that're illegal characters or not, does not warrant a CK application on you unless you did indeed do something of a more violent nature, but it's basically decided on a case by case basis. It's very unlikely you would face a CK for this, as your character was not initially acknowledged that the other side was an gangster and well, these fights happen. It's very rare people go shooting each other over a fist fight or verbal fight.

• 2 weeks later...