Make phones' batteries drain over time and incorporate charging

Anas

Short description: Over time, if you have a phone your battery on the phone should drain and you should charge it with a phone charger (different ones for iPhones and Androids).

Detailed description:  Phones should be a bit more realistic and their batteries should drain, charging your phone shouldn't take as long as it does in real life however since that would be an annoyance as oppose to an improvement in roleplay quality for the server.

So we should work towards adding a counter variable for the phones and the rate at which the counter depletes is dependent on the phone itself. Of course, with excessive calling, texting, and over-all usage of the phone such as going on Face Browser, the battery should deplete at a faster rate than when just left idle. Further, the rate of depletion of the battery should be contingent upon the type of phone you've got, for example: an iPhone XR's battery should last longer than an iPhone 3. 

In terms of charging, we should add chargers into the game which can be purchased from electronic stores. There should be two types: Android and iPhone chargers, and to charge the phone we should use /chargephone [phone] when inside an interior. 

Also, another thing we should add is a car charger adapter that should also be purchased from the electronics store, this will allow people to simply /chargephone [phone] inside their vehicles. 

Commands to add: /chargephone [phone] 

Items to add: Android Charger, iPhone Charger, Vehicle charger adapter

How would your suggestion improve the server? It'll improve the quality of realism that we can experience, a simple addition such as this can go a long way in really improving the quality of roleplay.

Additional information:

We should be careful when choosing battery life and charging times, I don't want to make peoples lives' a lot more difficult if this suggestion gets incorporated into the game, it should just feel more realistic.

If help is needed with coding or anything, I'd love to help.

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, rocketman1110 said:

Simple idea and adds some realism. Problem is, people charge their phone when they are at home and not using it, and since most of the rp u do isn’t at ur house, I feel like it would be inconvenient .

Understandable-- hence I added the concept of charging your phone in your car as well with the purchase of an adapter. (The chargers shouldn't even be too expensive, it's solely for the additive effect of realism).

Not only that, but people who roleplay inside a business and what not can charge it there while they're at work (since their interior should, logically speaking, have outlet).

Edited by Anas
1 hour ago, Goonbag said:

Disagree. 

I feel like it would just implement an unnecessary survival game type of mechanic without any actual benefit. The same reason we don’t have hunger/thirst mechanics. 

Archive this, we’re not playing a survival RPG, please just roleplay and up your roleplay standards if you feel like this charging is necessary.

• Wuhtah locked this topic