Turn rain chances UP again

Kappaurel

I really like the rain aesthetic IG but I feel like when it is summer the weather should reflect that. We already have a problem of a lot of people spending time in interiors all day, imagine what it will be like if it rained a lot more. As someone who RP's a Lifeguard we rely on it basically not being shit weather for people to actually bother to come to the beach or to set up events on the beach. And as someone said above hopefully the dry weather will also cause wildfires if admins allow which will create more RP for FD and prevent burnout. I think its highly unlikely for people to want rain to cause floods.

45 minutes ago, Matt - said:

I really like the rain aesthetic IG but I feel like when it is summer the weather should reflect that. We already have a problem of a lot of people spending time in interiors all day, imagine what it will be like if it rained a lot more. As someone who RP's a Lifeguard we rely on it basically not being shit weather for people to actually bother to come to the beach or to set up events on the beach. And as someone said above hopefully the dry weather will also cause wildfires if admins allow which will create more RP for FD and prevent burnout. I think its highly unlikely for people to want rain to cause floods.

From my experience more people RP outside when it rains or when the weather changes because of how rare it is. As for the beach RP I agree, its a shame to see that we have so many gorgeous beaches and nobody using them

On 4/21/2021 at 1:10 PM, Wisci said:

Can we just make it rain infrequently, like twice a month on a random schedule, but have it rain for most the day? And then become more frequent in Winter or something?

I dislike when it rains for like two hours and then it's gone again, I'd rather have the effect of having to deal with the rain from log in to log off again. Plan personal and work outfits around it. I'd even take a two day rainfall of scattered showers, just to keep things fresh.

I don't know understand the mentality of 'I never want to rp anything different than the normal, that's bad' or 'muh california'. We do the same thing day in and day out for months on end. We could use the change.

I fully agree with Wisci, and while I agree the interior bug is annoying, I would be willing to live through it just to enjoy some of the fantastic clothing choice we've gotten, as well as to consider raindrops. Could even be cool if heavy rain could effect the new blood drop system we've gotten.

Hell no, we’re based off Los Angeles  not London or Chicago.

Rain just destroys out door RP and we had rain multiple times every single day in December & January.

May -> September barely has any rain, that desert on our doorstep is there for a reason - it’s a very dry environment.

Edited by Alyssa McCarthy

Honestly, most of the rain that occurs in this game is stormy rains. The rain is SUPER loud and obnoxious. It makes the streets so shiny (for me anyways) that it's ridiculously easy to mistaken a car for a shiny puddle in the road when you're crossing an intersection.

• Wuhtah locked this topic