Turn rain chances UP again

Kappaurel

1 minute ago, Yoak said:

as much as I love the asthetic, people barely roleplay the weather properly as it is so unfortunately im not supporting this

Rain, having a visual effect as well as affecting driving behaviour, is the one weather that proactively encourages people to roleplay it, though (rain and similar weathers).

And also in reference to what I said before- with bad weather lasting 15 minutes opposed to the whole day, there's no point dressing up for it.

I've tried, and 9/10 you'll end up being in a coat in sunny weather and people asking you why you dress so warm as they just logged on and didn't notice it rained when you left the house ic.

jeez people are fucking boring

there's so many clothing options and so many weather variations and people want it 75 and sunny for 365 days a year. 

it's a video game, we're allowed to divert from reality a little bit. cry about it.

/support

Edited by NickyW
  • Upvote 3

Same people who argued for snow are also arguing for Cali weather smh

Anyway, full support. Knock that up. The only reasonable objection I think is fucking up outdoor events, that could be solved using the weather app as a weather forecaster for the next seven days, enough time to plan for weather

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, Sebz said:

You have rain IN interiors (wet floors, etc. not sure if this has been fixed yet).

As this isn't the first point towards this, this has been 'resolved'. Any player (even without platinum) can set their interior to either -1 (no change) and either 0 or 1 for the generic sunny weather (unsure which). Pretty sure some interiors automatically switch away from the rain weather pattern as well unless manually set.

There might be puddles when you first enter, but they should fade after a rather quick period of time due to the intended time cycle of Grand Theft Auto (48 min / day).

I personally would love to see more rain honestly. 

I get it. Los Santos is based off of Los Angeles which barely ever rains in real life. But c'mon. It gets boring fast when the weather is constantly 50-60 and sunny every single day for an entire month. Imagine if for just two days, it rained (with cloudy days before and after for more realism) and everyone had to roleplay according to it. People would be less inclined to speed due to wet roads. People would have to wear their rainy day outfits. I understand raining for 2 weeks straight is unrealistic. But having it rain for two hours and then having it be sunny immediately after also isn't very realistic.

Those of you whining about rain ruining events, that's part of the RP. It's a normal thing in real life for the weather to ruin planned events. It happens everyday. You can roleplay that. You can reschedule or just fuck it and do the event anyways. But this can be avoided if there was a weather app or a weather channel that shows the weather forecast for the next few days. Obviously this doesn't help events that are planned with a date months away, but again, That's part of the RP. In real life, people don't know if it'll rain 30 days from now, weather forecast just isn't that accurate. Point is, weather ruining your event should be an IC thing that should be roleplayed, it should not be a valid reason to just straight up not have rain.

• Wuhtah locked this topic