Turn rain chances UP again

Kappaurel

Short description: Dial the probability of rain up a fair bit

Detailed description: Well, in the past it rained every day, or every two days, excessive, I get why it was lowered. But it was lowered too much and now it NEVER rains. Rain is beautiful, adds environmental variety, umbrellas, coats, beautiful... come on, we are not the Sahara.

Commands to add: None

Items to add: More rain drops, heh

How would your suggestion improve the server? Add VARIETY

Additional information: 

Edited by Kappaurel
  • Upvote 17

I know its a very common trap most communities fall in where they ask for x and then as soon as they get x a whole different side now begins begging for y which they already had before x.

Though, I don't think this suggestion is that and I'm totally +1 for it. It used to rain too much — it really did, it rained insanely frequently and I was one of the many who complained. But I also enjoyed rain — it creates a lot of passive roleplay and ruins events which forces improvisation. It just isn't fun when it was so frequent.

A middle-ground wasn't found, we went from raining too much to (personally?) not seeing a single drop of rain in the past month. And my average playtime a day is 7 HRS so its not as if I'm rarely on.

I think a 50% increase or something is due, just to make it rain infrequently.

Edited by KaythPlus
  • Upvote 1

I've been very active so far in April and haven't seen rain once yet.

4 hours ago, Kappaurel said:

Well, in the past it rained every day,

As I've said the last time: What needs to be changed is the duration of a weather period so that it can make any sense.

I am not sure wether or not this was touched, but if not, the result is that rain still occurs in brief, quasi-tropical 15-min monsoons, to then be replaced again.

1 hour ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

And it still rains like once or twice a month, which is pretty much California weather (correct me if I'm wrong).

If it rains, then for short periods of times, opposed to days with bad weather.

And to actually roleplay a rainy day, well. Obviously you need one, not a quick shower in between.

• Wuhtah locked this topic