Scamming and Rule 10 clause - Infinite Money Glitch

Toihin816

While listening to my Indian professor rambling on about business information management, I was browsing player reports which are usually pretty interesting to read. However something really sparked my interest and made me really curious.

I found closer to 10 reports ona certain player (name is not allowed to be mentioned) about rule 10, which includes the part that if you get CKed while you owe someone money, that player can get this amount refunded. It seems that this player had taken investments from many, many players ranging from 75k to 300k+ or more.

Then, apparently, Unnamed_Player had spent the money (where did it go? I doubt the player did /charity?)

Because the administrators handling the reports said that the funds could not be retrieved, aka "lack of funds".

So in the end, all the players who were still waiting to get paid back, posted a refund request for their amounts

--> Administrators handling the reports most likely spawned this money and gave it back to the players?

So... maybe my caveman brain missed something here, but...

1. Create a character and start a real estate scheme scam

2. Get 10 of your OOC friends to invest in this scheme with as much as possible

3. Start gambling and lose the money, buy guns and get robbed or whatever with all the cash

4. Get CKed by someone

5. Tell your friends to post refund requests because rule 10 allows you to get your money back if the person of interest got CKed, even tho they don't have the funds

6. Admin handling the refund request has no choice but to spawn the required amount?

7. Infinite money glitch

8. Rinse and repeat?

Originally the reported party responded to this thread, but because this thread was deleted within 10-20 minutes of its creation and I received a warning, I am reposting this without mentioning anyone.

Edited by Toihin816

Admin handling the refund will check how the initial money was given. If it's through a real scam and roleplay the initial player might be refunded, however the amount moved away from the gambling will be removed too.

We'll ban the guy who CK'd, wipe the money he used and that went away to others, then refund the victims. So in the end there is no real money added.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Nervous said:

Admin handling the refund will check how the initial money was given. If it's through a real scam and roleplay the initial player might be refunded, however the amount moved away from the gambling will be removed too.

We'll ban the guy who CK'd, wipe the money he used and that went away to others, then refund the victims. So in the end there is no real money added.

May I ask to clarify;

"We'll ban the guy who CK'd, wipe the money he used and that went away to others, then refund the victims. So in the end there is no real money added."

So if someone would take loans from people, lose them gambling and then proceed to get CK'ed --> He gets banned?

Just now, Toihin816 said:

May I ask to clarify;

"We'll ban the guy who CK'd, wipe the money he used and that went away to others, then refund the victims. So in the end there is no real money added."

So if someone would take loans from people, lose them gambling and then proceed to get CK'ed --> He gets banned?

Exactly, it's a clear abuse of the gamemode.

The one who did it recently caught a ban, we're slow on removing the gambled funds however as it takes a while to go through all the logs.

• Upvote 1

OK. All clear for me. I might be a psychotic person but I could not refrain myself from creating this thread, because I could not believe that such things would be allowed and nobody else suspected anything.

Thank you for clarification

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic