The State of Gang Beef

Spider X3

2 minutes ago, Patrón said:

Because sometimes unfortunately with the amount of random factions which pop up in South LS, that's as far as they're trying to go when it comes to RP beef. You're generalizing. If I dropped a video of the amount of people who drive into the main lot in Rancho doing retarded shit, it would probably be 10 hours at least. That's not even counting the beef, that's just random players. So sometimes there's only so much you can do as a faction. You keep talking like every faction has the same baseline for what they consider right and wrong. PK wars still serve as development because whomever survives their character has that conflict and the struggles in it, added to their story. However if the faction is serious, then like I said an OOC agreed upon level of lethal force between the two factions could be cool. Or more specifically like I said and you pointed out, shooting to continue RP instead of kill everyone.

Fighting fire with fire should be the last exhausted option. If factions aren't willing to take interactions seriously then I believe you shouldn't give them what they want, which is a PK war. Murder isn't the only way to dispose of a troll/subpar roleplayer. 

I'm not suggesting every faction has the same understanding of what is right and wrong, I'm stating that faction leaders of the gang community should come together and bring as much balance to that as they can; even then it won't have everyone on the same page but at least there'd be more understanding between faction leaders and that can slowly make its way through the ranks to future faction leaders and help gang roleplay as a whole.

PK wars are piss-poor development in my opinion, if you're actively taking part in a war that has little to no substance behind it, that development ultimately means nothing (even if it adds a lot to your character). This isn't an attack on you or anyone in particular, that's just my view on it.

6 minutes ago, Patrón said:

You're preaching to choir my guy. I'm well aware of that and members of my faction are very active tagging wise and on the IC social media. There is strong community vibe in Rancho. I don't agree with your complaint that it leads to people staying in the house. This is something that happens IRL. If beef escalates to that point, you have niggas who are going out every day trying to catch someone. Switching up hangout spots, schedules, etc is all shit that can be required IRL if you have rivals hunting you. But I do agree with your overall sentiment that shooting and brawling should only be 20% of what illegal RP is about. The sureno factions have a great community vibe going on right now, especially in South LS.

I'm aware that people shelter inside during war-time, but my point is that the level of fear you're suggesting to RP is vastly exacerbated by people riding the cooldown to come back and attack constantly. Back and forth shootings between two gangs shouldn't occur daily, that's just fast-tracking the end of a war. Players shouldn't be aiming to end the war, they should be aiming to prolong it for roleplay purposes. Characters however do aim to end the war but the player OOC should do their best to roleplay that in a way that is desirable from all angles.

Like I said in an earlier post, I think we should suspend realism on that front if people do infact ride out daily to catch bodies every day IRL. Riding out to catch bodies is vastly different to riding out to catch bodies AFTER claiming lives the day before. 

• Upvote 3
5 hours ago, milkman said:

Not to mention you moved from Perro to Vespucci, you should reconsider your behavior and figure out how things go down in the area you have decided to move to because Del Perro was dead.

It's an IC issue either way. Most people won't bother with a group that spawned into a long established neighborhood.

The main reason we didn’t start in Vespucci was due to properties and lack of turf. Culvers left a giant hole and I wanted to see VSLC come to life IG as it was the original faction idea. 

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else when it comes to brawls. Brawls should really only happen when two gangs happen to bump into each other at a public place/event. All that mobbing into rival turf 25 deep just to spam punch is for sure outdated. It's honestly a lack of fear roleplay, why are you marching into rival territory looking to brawl? Your enemies ground zero should be a absolute danger zone unless you're coming to shoot at them.  It's especially true if there's recently been some sort of gunplay, your character should know that their enemies would nine times out of ten jump at the chance to shoot at them. 

When it comes to how factions "conduct" these feuds, there should definitely be stuff besides shooting like previously said in the thread. However, it's gotten to the point where it seems some factions don't even want to get into any type of  the gunplay or shooting wars that comes with gang banging. Lets be honest here, we're roleplaying these violent street gangs based off of arguably the most developed and violent gang culture in America or  possibly the world (southern California), so why are people so shy to roleplay the violence?  In my mind "gang beefs" or feuds should be episodes of intense gunplay with more "passive" scenarios like tagging, social media beef, and so forth in-between these intense episodes of gang warfare. We shouldn't' shy away from the treacherous lifestyle that our characters would realistically be living in that's fueled by egos and poverty. These wars should be roleplayed as a tedious and drawn out aspect of our character's everyday lives, your character should wake up thinking about how today could be the last time he/she steps out the front door.

The tdm mentality of block wiping for the sake of dm videos and racking up kills has watered down gang roleplay down to the point where all RP goes out the window when a gang war cracks off In-character. There's so much possible roleplay that could be done around the actual shootings and all the violence that realistically comes out of gangs beefing but most people just opt out to go on a gta:online esque rampage. The way that I see this issue being resolved is by leaders keeping mature communication between themselves so that a healthy and realistic rivalry can be orchestrated. 

Edited by Peezy
  • Applaud 1

Been in a gang faction another server that put together OOC ceasefires with other gangs in the same general area for a short time so beefs would be drawn out. I'd love to see more brawls rather than just straight gunplay. Make it interesting to roleplay.

Edited by Dom.
5 minutes ago, Dom. said:

Been in a gang faction another server that put together OOC ceasefires with other gangs in the same general area for a short time so beefs would be drawn out. I'd love to see more brawls rather than just straight gunplay. Make it interesting to roleplay.

Still a very damaging POV that people think the only things involved in gang conflict are brawls and gunplay, it's much deeper than that.

Just now, EffPee said:

Still a very damaging POV that people think the only things involved in gang conflict are brawls and gunplay, it's much deeper than that.

I mean on a surface level. I'm definitely aware it's deeper than that.

• Wuhtah locked this topic