IC Gender Balance in GTA World

What gender/sexual preference do you roleplay as?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What gender is your main character?

• Male
    • Female
    • Transgender
    • Non-Binary
  2. 2. What sexual preference does your main character have?

• Straight (only likes the opposite gender)
    • Gay / Lesbian (Only likes the same gender)
    • Bisexual (Like males and females)
    • Pansexual (Likes males, females, trans, NB, etc )

This poll is closed to new votes

We roleplay in a strange city indeed. Gangs do what they wanna, imbalanced gender and sexuality in the city too. Crime rate higher than Venezuela. I suggest government to give more rights to private security companies and to shift their budget towards security technologies, also renaming LS to Night City would do the trick. In the end, server is only as good as people on it. Though I agree the balance is quite shifted.

Edited by Engelbert

Not to prod anything or anyone, but why wouldn't people roleplay perfect bodies? I mean why would you wanna roleplay something you have in real life for example. Sure believable characters and all that. But actually wait for summer and go take a look from the window. If there wasn't covid, you'd see ripped six-packs and heavily inked machos and perfect asses of gym regulars on the beach. Yes other people too, but why would I wanna roleplay someone with issues I have in real life huh? I am a guy, I roleplay a woman among other characters, cause I can. Cause that's my fantasy. You have yours.

2 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Not to prod anything or anyone, but why wouldn't people roleplay perfect bodies? I mean why would you wanna roleplay something you have in real life for example. Sure believable characters and all that. But actually wait for summer and go take a look from the window. If there wasn't covid, you'd see ripped six-packs and heavily inked machos and perfect asses of gym regulars on the beach. Yes other people too, but why would I wanna roleplay someone with issues I have in real life huh? I am a guy, I roleplay a woman among other characters, cause I can. Cause that's my fantasy. You have yours.

But where's the realism when everyone does this? It's flushed straight down the drain, wooosh.

3 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

just roleplay things that make sense. is your character somebody who does manual labor? are they a builder, hanging off scaffoldings and laying bricks?
are they a firefighter getting bullied into physical training at noon during the summer months with upwards of 150 pounds of tools and fire-retardant, insulating gear?

do they climb, do they swim? i mean yeah then being physically fit is palpable, even required. roleplay within plausability and realistic boundaries i guess. besides, not like most people even /examine you.

back on topic, though. issue isnt gender balance, its poor portrayal by people who's only interaction with women is via online mediums.

case in point, according to some female roleplayers i know (allegedly female, rule 30 of the internet always applies), women don't usually dress, talk, act or care about material things as much as the characters portrayed on the server. and, according to what they've said, it's blatantly obvious that the character has a male player, due to the way they're (sometimes) oversexualized.

• mj2002 locked this topic