Amendment to the CK rules

At the moment people are allowed to appeal a Character Kill, but the people who executed the CK can still display it on their development threads and factions threads.

Once this is displayed it basicly renders the death of the CKed character irreversible, as people can clearly see he or she is dead. Reversing it would complicate things even more, rendering it useless to appeal the CK at this point.

Just yesterday, three CKs were executed in the Mara Salvatrucha 13 faction ( @IrCam ), of which two were appearntly a direct result of the first one on Idania Ceres who appealed her CK; if the CK appeal gets accepted it will do more harm than good at this point.

I suggest a rule which states a minimum of 24 hours in which a CK may not be publicly posted, and if a CK appeal as posted it may not be publicly posted at all untill the appeal is resolved.

5 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

So, yes, what I said.

No, I just don't see the point of this nor this doing anyone any good.

Does it do any good to reverse development that comes after a CK by deleting screenshots? It does more damage than simply not uploading a RP screen.

Lets talk about the exemple. What if Idania’s CK appeal is approved? Then what. To MS13 shes dead and they already posted it publicly making it damaging to development if she walks around again.

Using RP screenshots people completely undermine the CK appeal system this way.

Edited by ThatDutchPerson

Depending on the complexity of the situation and the availability of the handling staff members, CK appeals can take a long while. While it's true, it's not great to overturn a CK, not being able to address in any manner for anywhere between a week and a few months is even worse.

I am not sure how that would even play out - for the sake of the example, say that you spend every day within a month planning the perfect murder, you commit it and the person is killed and CKed. You then find out they are appealing it. The appeal will take a month due to different factors. What exactly are people supposed to do? They can't say that the character is alive because it is not - they can't say that it is dead either because, as suggested, they wouldn't be dead until the CK appeal is handled. There's lots of people and variables involved in such situations and keeping everyone in the dark will not do anyone any good.

No support. 

2 minutes ago, Entity said:

Depending on the complexity of the situation and the availability of the handling staff members, CK appeals can take a long while. While it's true, it's not great to overturn a CK, not being able to address in any manner for anywhere between a week and a few months is even worse.

I am not sure how that would even play out - for the sake of the example, say that you spend every day within a month planning the perfect murder, you commit it and the person is killed and CKed. You then find out they are appealing it. The appeal will take a month due to different factors. What exactly are people supposed to do? They can't say that the character is alive because it is not - they can't say that it is dead either because, as suggested, they wouldn't be dead until the CK appeal is handled. There's lots of people and variables involved in such situations and keeping everyone in the dark will not do anyone any good.

No support. 

Can you tell me how it is any good to later have the person walking around again undoing weeks or months of development into his/her death?

Just now, ThatDutchPerson said:

Can you tell me how it is any good to later have the person walking around again undoing weeks or months of development into his/her death?

Its only a screenshot, just because someone has been cked and then appealed it doesn't mean someone should remove their screenshots. It's still good portrayal on the faction to have if said event is planned etc. A lot of time and effort go into peoples screenshots and they're almost an art. They're not IC, they are completely OOC.

• Jeff_ locked this topic