Massive events

Shvag

So, I'd actually like to see less "massive" events and instead some more locally based and lightly advertised events. Having an organized food truck day on Vespucci beach would be great, the issue is that anytime something like this happens it's turned into a massive ordeal for the entire server. Maybe a National Night out event would be something people would be interested in. For those of you unfamiliar, National Night Out is a community building event held yearly across the United States. Basically individual neighborhoods throw small block parties and the Fire Department/PD travel around from block party to block party working on community relations.  

This is the type of massive server wide event I'd like to see, you'd have block parties in Rancho, Little Seoul, Vespucci, Downtown Vinewood, Davis, Morningwood, etc and the best part is? It's an event that spreads people out enough that it won't hamper the server. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Protheus said:

Because it is a passion faction of mine, and because I want our politician side to start trying to promote your type of event. SAGOV is absolutely a thing!

LSGOV is the local Los Santos government. To my knowledge, they handle some of the infrastructure and have some other functions.

SAGOV is the lawyers, politicians, state security and executive branch. We are dealing with the senate, which is a lot of political roleplay and which often ends up in new rules for the players (see recent hunting law creating laws and penal code additions), and the courts, which consists of lawyers from the BAR Association, Public Defender's Office and the District Attorney's Office. Those are the ones responsible for the courts we got going on, and we're generally more on the forums than in-game. (This is however slowly changing, and that's hella exciting.)

I could totally see you reaching out to a local politician, for them to then try to use the festival as a popularity event where they thus fund some of it for a small shoutout or a little room to make a speech or what have you. Not necessarily perfect, but I know they love engaging with the community, and I think we could all benefit from seeing them every once in a while..

This is awesome! Last time around we tried to coordinate a speech with some politicians but that never ended up happening because of XYZ reasons. We  would love to roleplay with you in the future once our worlds collide!

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, ScottieP said:

This is awesome! Last time around we tried to coordinate a speech with some politicians but that never ended up happening because of XYZ reasons. We  would love to roleplay with you in the future once our worlds collide!

I'm sadly part of the DA part of the faction, which is the equivalent of a basement dweller. I rarely see the light, but I know that there has gotten a lot of new energy in through characters like Bobby Warner, Kevin Seong and Valeria Reyes to name a few. I would totally look out for those and the other senators, as I'm sure they would be very excited to come to events (and bring staffers, state security and the odd DA character here and there)!

On 4/18/2021 at 8:57 PM, Henning said:

So, I'd actually like to see less "massive" events and instead some more locally based and lightly advertised events. Having an organized food truck day on Vespucci beach would be great, the issue is that anytime something like this happens it's turned into a massive ordeal for the entire server. Maybe a National Night out event would be something people would be interested in. For those of you unfamiliar, National Night Out is a community building event held yearly across the United States. Basically individual neighborhoods throw small block parties and the Fire Department/PD travel around from block party to block party working on community relations.  

This is the type of massive server wide event I'd like to see, you'd have block parties in Rancho, Little Seoul, Vespucci, Downtown Vinewood, Davis, Morningwood, etc and the best part is? It's an event that spreads people out enough that it won't hamper the server. 

This would be a dream come true.

On 4/18/2021 at 9:57 PM, Henning said:

The big difficulty with this is simultaneous organisation.

Anyone who ever bothered a bit with it will know how tricky it can be to get people together for ONE happening.

Orchestrating multiple events is super tricky (I'm nextby trying since now 5 months to organize a simultaneous opening of two shops and a coffee shop in Portola Drive. You'd think I managed by now, eh? But yeah).

The particular trouble some thing is to also make these venues equally attractive for their respective target audience, so you can appeal to various groups, and at the same prevent one of the locations becoming the "main event" the crowd flogs to-

a group dynamic that's almost impossible to stop, as any club manager can tell you, if one out of three clubs on saturday is well visited, and word make round, even more people will visit the club that already has activity, rather than to also visit those that are still empty.

The same counts for any sort of event, nut just necessarily the mentioned business opening (they're just a prime example we can already observe ingame).

Regardless all these difficulties, of course such setups are a great idea.

Just be prepared for some failurewhen trying:

Attracting people to one main event can be tricky enough- distributing people so various events at the same time get visited well is even trickier.

Edited by knppel

I think in-game events would be great, and something different to mix the roleplay up just in real life. Natural disasters happen, and life takes a curveball and people get on. Would love to see maybe a hurricane or an earthquake, maybe even a flood.

• Wuhtah locked this topic