Massive events

Shvag

7 minutes ago, Rohan. said:

I suggest you try organizing or at least be part of the management of these sort of events someday. The amount of work these guys put in the event is immense. 5k for a ticket is nothing compared to what characters earn in the server.

it is when people sometimes don't roleplay what the server gives out for free.

• Applaud 1
1 hour ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

A slight off-topic here, but perhaps you should get in touch with SAGOV or LSGOV next time, to my knowledge huge cities like LA very often engage into some kinda partnership programs for mass events. Same way you somehow "contracted" LSPD and LSSD to provide security, and LSFD to provide medical assistance during the event, you should maybe reach out to either GOV faction and see if they'd be interested in helping you to fund an event of that kind. It could also open up some additional roleplay venues, both for you and them. Otherwise, I really like how the event worked out, really good job on it.

1 hour ago, Shvag said:

Afaik, we've been trying to contract one of those "factions" (probably LS GOV, I don't know or SAGOV even exists). I was not the one who was communicating with them, but as I've understood - they don't want to take part in these kind of activities. At least right now. @ScottieP can correct me if I am wrong on this one.

We've informed LSPD/LSSD/LSFD that we are doing the event and they came to it "voluntarily". Afaik there was no plan that they will be "in the event". Anyways, big thumbs up to all these guys for coming over and helping us out to control/arrange everything. It was a nice collaboration and I'm really thankful for them.

Thank you!

Before starting this festival scene I got in touch with the LSGOV guys and they said that they are not funding such events. I have asked if we can ask money through businesses for the events and that did not work as well so that is out of the question at least for now even though I have been communicating with people who have a general idea about this kind of stuff and said that we should get money from the LSGOV.

LSFD was always cool with everything and they did a pretty good job, props out to them!!!

xnXKbDu.png

LSPD helped us last time around with the festival but the thing is that they even tried to take over the festival in case we could not fund it as you mentioned but that sounded ridiculous and the help that they provided ended up costing us double in the end and they even set up some Mars campus with that big truck.. I won't comment further on LSPD I love you guys all but there were guys that changed their intentions one too many times and the help wasn't there when it was needed (Not talking about everyone) and it shows that this time around they denied any support for the event but they really wanted to be there as far as I could understand from yesterday's actions. I am not here to bash them really but want to just give feedback how it felt from our side, other than that you guys were amazing yesterday and I hope you improve the PR side of LSPD!!!

SNzWMNF.png

LSSD really came in clutch 2 days ago when they accepted to support the event on such a short notice as I could not find any contact whatsoever until I finally found an old friend that explained me where I can sent an email on the forums. They were very helpful and even one of the guys came over to the event and met my character in person and had a nice conversation. Thank you very much keep it up, we love you all!!!

Unfortunately I have no picture with you guys since you weren't doing anything around there I am sorry!

As mentioned from @Shvag already we did not receive any LSGOV money nor were we accepted for any other sort of income and we invested so much time and effort putting everything together that even though the money we paid to the guys were a bit funny if you ask me we didn't have much left for ourselves. Last time around we had about 10-20 sponsors that raised a lot of money to make everything possible and there wasn't a big change in the amount of money we asked from all of you but this time around the tickets were bought more likely than last time.

If you guys have any concerns or questions feel free to get in touch with me I will be more than happy to help/assist/explain !!!

I think this is definitely a perfect example of where something can be set up to achieve government funding for this kind of thing. Realistically, even if they paid a small amount towards it - it'll help people provide things like this more frequently which is just a massive positive for the server as a whole.

I previously had intentions of organizing a weekend festival that included camping grounds overnight until real life got in the way of my planning time. Trying to recreate that Woodstock/Coachella environment with artists spread out over the weekend. I think having an event last the weekend would be a great way for more players to enjoy the fruits of your hard-work incase they can't attend a night (unfortunately I could only stay an hour so missed the prime time!)

Any plans to venture into this sort of thing? Judging by the success of last night, I'd put my money on you guys nailing the concept of a weekender rather than a one off.

12 minutes ago, lux said:

I think this is definitely a perfect example of where something can be set up to achieve government funding for this kind of thing. Realistically, even if they paid a small amount towards it - it'll help people provide things like this more frequently which is just a massive positive for the server as a whole.

I previously had intentions of organizing a weekend festival that included camping grounds overnight until real life got in the way of my planning time. Trying to recreate that Woodstock/Coachella environment with artists spread out over the weekend. I think having an event last the weekend would be a great way for more players to enjoy the fruits of your hard-work incase they can't attend a night (unfortunately I could only stay an hour so missed the prime time!)

Any plans to venture into this sort of thing? Judging by the success of last night, I'd put my money on you guys nailing the concept of a weekender rather than a one off.

Most we can say right now is that there are plans going on for something similar. 

Stay tuned!

• Applaud 1
4 hours ago, lux said:

I think an events team could be a good idea. Allowing players to apply for an event-pass to set up an interior somewhere similar to last night and having the events team support to get things up and running.

This is a great idea. This would also allow for server organized events to keep people engaged.

Edited by rocketman1110
4 hours ago, Shvag said:

Afaik, we've been trying to contract one of those "factions" (probably LS GOV, I don't know or SAGOV even exists). I was not the one who was communicating with them, but as I've understood - they don't want to take part in these kind of activities. At least right now. @ScottieP can correct me if I am wrong on this one.

We've informed LSPD/LSSD/LSFD that we are doing the event and they came to it "voluntarily". Afaik there was no plan that they will be "in the event". Anyways, big thumbs up to all these guys for coming over and helping us out to control/arrange everything. It was a nice collaboration and I'm really thankful for them.

Thank you!

Because it is a passion faction of mine, and because I want our politician side to start trying to promote your type of event. SAGOV is absolutely a thing!

LSGOV is the local Los Santos government. To my knowledge, they handle some of the infrastructure and have some other functions.

SAGOV is the lawyers, politicians, state security and executive branch. We are dealing with the senate, which is a lot of political roleplay and which often ends up in new rules for the players (see recent hunting law creating laws and penal code additions), and the courts, which consists of lawyers from the BAR Association, Public Defender's Office and the District Attorney's Office. Those are the ones responsible for the courts we got going on, and we're generally more on the forums than in-game. (This is however slowly changing, and that's hella exciting.)

I could totally see you reaching out to a local politician, for them to then try to use the festival as a popularity event where they thus fund some of it for a small shoutout or a little room to make a speech or what have you. Not necessarily perfect, but I know they love engaging with the community, and I think we could all benefit from seeing them every once in a while..

• Wuhtah locked this topic