Massive events

Shvag

Hi!

I would like to hear your opinions/suggestions/comments about the massive events in our community and between the members.

What are your experiences, expectations, wishes and etcetera.

Feel free to share your thoughts.

• Upvote 2

Personal opinion that might get hate?

Large-scale legal events should have much tighter restrictions on how they are run in regards to the number of players permitted to be present at one time in order to not impact server performance in those kind of locations; specifically through OOC'ly enforcing a hard cap of people that can be present and IC'ly forcing the event hosts to utilise a ticket/booking system to manage the number of people attending.

Is it strict? Yeah.

Will it mean that Rage doesn't shit it's pants on me whenever I go for a simple drive and end up passing by an outdoor event with 100 furniture items, 30 parked cars and 100 people constantly connecting & disconnecting because the server's tanking hard? Also yeah.

Edited by TinPan
8 hours ago, TinPan said:

Will it mean that Rage doesn't shit it's pants on me whenever I go for a simple drive and end up passing by an outdoor event with 100 furniture items, 30 parked cars and 100 people constantly connecting & disconnecting because the server's tanking hard? Also yeah.

Hi!

Lately, server has managed to implement new rules according the events and server performance. The rules are not allowing to make bigger events than 30+ people on dim 0. You have to use another dimension so called "interior". During massive events all the cars are being /vpark'ed, so you shouldn't have a lagg while driving around.

1 hour ago, Shvag said:

Hi!

Lately, server has managed to implement new rules according the events and server performance. The rules are not allowing to make bigger events than 30+ people on dim 0. You have to use another dimension so called "interior". During massive events all the cars are being /vpark'ed, so you shouldn't have a lagg while driving around.

10 hours ago, TinPan said:

Personal opinion that might get hate?

Large-scale legal events should have much tighter restrictions on how they are run in regards to the number of players permitted to be present at one time in order to not impact server performance in those kind of locations; specifically through OOC'ly enforcing a hard cap of people that can be present and IC'ly forcing the event hosts to utilise a ticket/booking system to manage the number of people attending.

Is it strict? Yeah.

This tbh. The spring break festival last night was arranged in a separate dim yet with around 80 ppl in there at one time it was hella laggy and weird. I've crashed like thrice in a row whilst entering the dimension. Otherwise, obviously huge events are cool, we just need to understand that RAGE isn't quite yet adjusted for mass events.

24 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

we just need to understand that RAGE isn't quite yet adjusted for mass events.

Honestly think it's an engine limitation at this point and even though I'm sure improvements can be made on RageMP's end we'll never have 200+ people in a single place and have a 100% stable experience, think there's a reason GTA:Online is capped at 30 players afterall.

I walked into the event last night and was blown away by the setup. It was beautiful, and I was genuinely excited to roleplay there. 5 minutes in, I was met with some of the worst roleplay I have seen in a long time. People running around and script punching each other and people quite literally roleplaying "farting" on other people, kissing strangers and then running off, and all sorts of lackluster RP that came off as trolls wanting to have an ooc laugh. It completely ruined the entire purpose of the festival, and so while these ideas are great, they need to be actively monitored much more strictly. I'm not going to completely slander the event, because I saw some genuinely fun roleplay there and the vibe as a whole was something I wasn't expecting and was generally beautiful, but some of the roleplay there...

Yesterday's Vespucci event was amazing, I would love to see more events like it. No FPS lag at all, only thing that bothered me was texture loss here and there but hey, you can't do much about it. From realism point, it was pretty nice. People were more interactive, you could feel the event being alive.

Would love to attend one of these again.

The way the Vespucci event was set up yesterday was great, the seperate interior worked really well. The 5k entrance fee was a joke and soured the overall event IMO as it just appeared as a pure cash grab. (Read further on in the thread for my justification before jumping on this with your "oh you get 200k for joining the server!!".)

I think the seperate interior thing can really help things until the server stabalizes a bit better with rage updates - plus allowing a little mapping and stuff only adds to the overall immersion.

The food festival that recently took place on Vespucci pier was also great.

I think an events team could be a good idea. Allowing players to apply for an event-pass to set up an interior somewhere similar to last night and having the events team support to get things up and running.

Edited by lux
1 minute ago, lux said:

The way the Vespucci event was set up yesterday was great, the seperate interior worked really well. The 5k entrance fee was a joke and soured the overall event IMO as it just appeared as a pure cash grab.

@Shvag can correct me if I am wrong but I'm almost sure he lost money/barely broke even with the amount he put into the event.

• Wuhtah locked this topic