Walk around more

TinPan

42 minutes ago, Miggs said:

I simply think you have no idea what you’re talking about. 

Also I’m not sure why you think we don’t take any action against bad RP, we’ve taken action against people who try to join and show poor RP. 

None of our members have been punished for it by staff either, and I am not too sure whether you’re simply lying or if you’re being lied to. 

Well, word of mouth not always says the truth.

1 hour ago, Wynters said:

I already walk around, but not all of us are wanting to walk around in Vespucci lmfao

Vespucci was just an example and my personal opinion on somewhere where multiple people engaging in roleplay outdoors together is something that’s way more enjoyable than driving door to door between businesses & parking up on the curb.

There’s obviously safer places to walk around at, and by subsequent; even more interesting places where roleplaying outdoors & in public VS roleplaying in private interiors is more fun. 

Lotta unused space outdoors at the moment across the entire map that could contribute to making the server as a whole feel way more populated when occupied.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, milkman said:

In that case you shouldn't speak on topics you know nothing about as DWB wouldn't rob people in Vespucci itself. You're just making yourself look stupid when you speak about things you've zero real experience with and it's a really laughable attempt to paint the wrong picture about an otherwise A++ tier faction. (IFC validated)

I never talked about robberies. I never tried to corrupt their image. I actually think they’re good. It’s not really logical to judge a faction based on one member’s wrongdoings. You’re just shooting random statements ASSUMING that I’m trying to ruin their image. Calm down buddy.

I just think you don’t know what you’re talking about. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to stay ON topic.

Edited by Petey

How is it that every thread becomes "Legal vs Illegal"?

Although this topic has been thoroughly explored, I'll chime in with my two cents anyhow. Feel free to skip the spoiler unless you like reading:

Spoiler

The server is chat-room roleplay; people drift from interior to interior, setting to setting, chat-room to chat-room, in search of roleplay. People who are inside interiors are - for the most part - "safe". The need for admin approval to break into properties or rob open businesses means that you are vastly more likely to get robbed outside an interior instead of inside an interior.

If we're going to discuss outdoor activities the server offers, we might as well discuss the obvious.

Those familiar with the Alamo fishing spot will probably know it gets robbed every five minutes; so much so that it's become an expectation of anyone who fishes there. This is looked down upon by admins, but that's not enough to deter it from happening.

Another outdoor activity that has been made especially susceptible to robberies is hunting. It took certain players exactly 0.6 seconds to drive out to the Chiliad State Wilderness and test the gangsta of every hunter within a ten-mile radius. That's already been discussed thoroughly on another thread so I won't dive into why it's abysmal roleplay.

The point I'm making here is that people will naturally gravitate towards interiors and away from outdoor activities when there's a known precedent of robbers targeting players who are outside their homes and away from their vehicles.

Of course they're sitting in interiors when the outside world has more volatile gangs than Cape Town. No one wants to get robbed. Some people take it on the chin and others see it as an inevitability, but no one actively seeks it out and most will avoid it if they can. Whether you lose something or not, it's a universal annoyance that offers little development to the player being robbed. It's a very one-sided exchange that can - in some cases - take up a lot of time to square away. Why would anyone make themselves low-hanging fruit when there's a known precedent of gangs and BF400 warriors looking to turn them into their next lick?

You can fault legal roleplayers for disengaging from the outside world to enjoy their "safe-space" chatroom roleplay. You can say they're exaggerating. I personally haven't been robbed in about a year, but there have certainly been attempts. I'll say that the primary onus of responsibility in maintaining roleplay standards lies in the individuals who initiate the roleplay. Nonsensical robbery attempts will create nonsensical robbery victims. That's just how the cookie crumbles.

If you want people to be outside more, then there needs to be a greater sense of community within the different boroughs and neighborhoods on the server. Certain roleplay hubs like the 24/7 in K-Town, the respective blocks in South Central, El Burro, Clinton Avenue in Vinewood, all bustle with activity on a daily basis (at least the last time I checked). People are more likely to hang out in their community if there's a mutual assurance that they'll protect each other. There's strength in numbers.

• Upvote 7
19 hours ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

How is it that every thread becomes "Legal vs Illegal"?

Because there are severe underlying issues between these groups in the community. You could probably sum up every thread as:

> "Why does(n't) X happen more/less?" or "This X thing is a problem."

> "Because of random robberies. This has been happening for years, we should probably fix it at some point."

> "Illegal org guy here, nobody I know would ever do this. Gaslighting doesn't exist, also you're crazy."

> "I did X and wasn't robbed but leave out important context clues to put my behavior in perspective."

> "The level of violent crime on this server is unrealistic."
> "Violent crime is good RP, everything else sucks, try to expand your mind, you don't even play illegal."

• Upvote 1

I mean, I hate to be the one to say it but this is America.

I've seen your junction crossings, traffic light cross timers and just how thick your roads are. I tried to cross a road there myself. It's damn near impossible to make it across some crossings in time.

Plus, why walk when I can enjoy my Number 9 Large, and a number 6 with extra dip in comfort.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic