Walk around more

TinPan

4 hours ago, ChromaticDeath said:

This is a great idea if this server wasn't Night City. Unfortunately people literally cannot live one second without running a poorly roleplayed armed robbery on the side of the road, so it's really not feasible. You try to go for a walk and you are a bag of money with legs. God forbid your character is female, because not only will you be robbed, you probably might get kidnapped and hit with a rape request. 

Thing is, whether you like it or not; this happens in real life arguably more frequently than it probably does on GTA World. What do you expect when someone plays a female character walking on her own in skimpy attire? It’s literally like wearing a “MUG ME” neon sign.

Even then, I myself and many others from both illegal and legal factions have rarely been robbed; let alone knowing of people who’ve been kidnapped and raped.

As I stated countless times, there’s a ton of counters to being mugged; whether it’s carrying minimal stuff & leaving your valuables at home/in a car, carrying a firearm; or even just making sure you know where your walking so as to not end up accidentally stumbling into gang territory.

Even with your experience in your post above, I think the frequency and severity of what you’ve said is encountered when walking is a huge exaggeration; but even then I think using it as an excuse to stay in interiors all day like a hermit isn’t valid whatsoever in my eyes.

Crime happens; no point letting crime get in the way of enjoying a unique roleplay format that doesn’t just have you driving from A to B like it’s Euro Truck Simulator.

Edited by TinPan
32 minutes ago, TinPan said:

Thing is, whether you like it or not; this happens in real life arguably more frequently than it probably does on GTA World. What do you expect when someone plays a female character walking on her own in skimpy attire? It’s literally like wearing a “MUG ME” neon sign.

Even then, I myself and many others from both illegal and legal factions have rarely been robbed; let alone knowing of people who’ve been kidnapped and raped.

As I stated countless times, there’s a ton of counters to being mugged; whether it’s carrying minimal stuff & leaving your valuables at home/in a car, carrying a firearm; or even just making sure you know where your walking so as to not end up accidentally stumbling into gang territory.

Even with your experience in your post above, I think the frequency and severity of what you’ve said is encountered when walking is a huge exaggeration; but even then I think using it as an excuse to stay in interiors all day like a hermit isn’t valid whatsoever in my eyes.

Crime happens; no point letting crime get in the way of enjoying a unique roleplay format that doesn’t just have you driving from A to B like it’s Euro Truck Simulator.

Crime happens yes, but we we have more robberies per day than Juarez has cartel shootouts. And we only have roughly 800+ players online at the peak. Which is exactly what leads people to stay in cars and only enjoy roleplay either isolated, or in larger groups.

(Speedrun getting robbed any%) If you want for people to walk around more maybe stop living in Afghan Los Santos or wherever we are currently located with the amount of shootings robberies and other nonsense admins usually are very lenient about. 

• Upvote 1

I think my biggest issue with people that drive places, is that why refuse to use the parking lots for whatever reason.

Even is it's just around the corner.

Nothing pains me more than seeing 10 parkes along the sidewalk. When they realistically should be parked on the parking lot just down the street and then you'd walk to the place.

That's now I normally do it.

• Upvote 2
22 minutes ago, Netsrac said:

I think my biggest issue with people that drive places, is that why refuse to use the parking lots for whatever reason.

Even is it's just around the corner.

Nothing pains me more than seeing 10 parkes along the sidewalk. When they realistically should be parked on the parking lot just down the street and then you'd walk to the place.

That's now I normally do it.

That's how people normally do it yes. If, every second report wasn't starting with "We decided to rob the individual as they were just walking down the street...". Not to mention, that car thieves treat open bars and clubs as golden opportunities, so further your car is from the spot you are at, the higher chance someone will break into it. Alas this isn't really my pet peeve as much as the latest trend of a black sedan chasing a 4x4 pickup up the dirt hill and into the swamp lands. Been in such situation twice so far. If it happens third time I am simply pushing them into the swamps or the river.

Edited by Engelbert
1 hour ago, Coburn said:

Quickest way to get mugged.

True story, only time I got successfully robbed in now 6 months was when we parked around the corner in an alley at the box fight event, never when strolling around or hanging infront of a house or business.

These claims are so funny, like that guy saying about RPing girls and skimpy outfits. Really dude?

I rp a dude cause I’m a dude and I was in front of a 24/7 in plain daylight when this PF carrying warrior comes and robs me. GG. 

as I said before, you don’t even need to “walk”, you just gotta stand outside a vehicle. 

The real problem I see here is the OOC encouraging to "be fine with robberies." Instead, why not encourage people to walk more through platforms such as Facebrowser? This is an opportunity to rally communities and let them put pressure on LSPD to keep their neighbourhoods safe. People have different experiences. Just couple days ago, my civilian char stepped outside of his apartment and met the aftermath of a shootout. Dead bodies on the ground, cops all over the place. I was actually instructed to go back inside. And that was Morningwood.

alternatively go jogging. make jogging outfits, go jogging down the beach walk in vespucci. anim running1, alternatively, anim copwalk4.

i do this frequently among all my characters and i dont get robbed.

stay hydrated

• Wuhtah locked this topic