Walk around more

TinPan

Just as the title says really; park your car up more often and just try walking from place to place while interacting with others.

I've personally been deciding to walk from business to business as of recent whenever possible, and provided the general area has at least one or two businesses open in it; it's a completely different experience walking down the street & interacting with others along the way as opposed to driving everywhere whilst ignoring everyone until your inside your destination.

Vespucci at the moment is (to me personally) a prime example where people have started getting onboard with the idea that walking around and publically engaging as part of their local community & with the environment completely immerses you more than racing around at 120mph through the streets, especially when there's others with them who actively walk around and engage in outdoor activities in their communities like normal people in real life do. I've seen it starting to occur too further afield in Paleto Bay and Sandy Shores too, which makes those areas that typically feel devoid of activity feel considerably active when there's just a handful of people walking or chilling outdoors; bringing some much-needed life to those areas in the process.

The server as a whole feels way more alive whenever I see people walking about or sat outdoors as opposed to seeing cars parked up on the sidewalk outside of businesses every five feet in a conga line. Nothing pains me more than looking at the server count saying that there's nearly 1000 players on, only to take a quick drive around and realise that about 1/3 or more are just driving about aimlessly or indoors. The streets should theoretically be bustling with life with that many players; not feel like an abandoned wasteland.

It's just my personal preference at the end of the day, and I know full well that the last thing some people wanna do is walk in a game made for driving cars; but the amount of immersion and roleplay that's possible when you park your car, walk around and interact with others along the way is staggering compared to the roleplay that's on offer when driving from doorstep to doorstep like you work for Uber Eats.
ezgif-6-798c83e14345.gif

• Upvote 5
  • Applaud 4

I enjoy walking/cycling around the server and seeing things from a slower perspective rather than at 138 MPH in a Habeeb Taxi (tested in Mexico).

The only problem is you make yourself a prime target to be robbed unless you're with a couple of people and armed. The IC crime rate doesn't really allow for much IC walking..... IN SAYING THAT maybe now is the time to start walking in the city more since all the robberies are now happening in the hunting forest. 

It might be a good idea to start a walking/jogging club on FB. I'm sure you could probably get a few people interested, maybe even Habeeb himself. 

Edited by Late
35 minutes ago, Gervin said:

Pray a robbery squad doesn't roll up on you.

To be honest, although robberies whilst on foot still do happen; understanding how to properly avoid putting yourself in a situation where your vulnerable to being robbed will make walking something you don't have to worry about. Even then, if you are robbed; there's nothing to say that you won't get character development out of being robbed if your interacting with a mugger who is a quality roleplayer. People get mugged in real life, people get their stuff stolen; the very large majority of victims aren't steel-faced heroes who laugh in the face of a gun being waved in their face.

There's no reason not to walk other than personal choice as far as I'm concerned; both driving and walking have their respectively equal risks.

39 minutes ago, Late said:

It might be a good idea to start a walking/jogging club on FB.

To be honest, making a group specifically for walking and jogging somewhat defeats the purpose of what I mentioned in the thread; not that it's a bad idea. Sure, it gets people walking around in their communities; but only at set locations for set durations of time.

People walking around and parking their car's up to walk the rest of the way or walking around in general should become a common thing to do as opposed to something you only do as part of an organized event for a set amount of time.

• Upvote 2

Yes yes yes yes. A lot of people are afraid to be robbed or something like that, it happens yes but that's just part of roleplay. Don't be afraid to lose virtual items and interact with people! Meet new people on the streets instead of inside advertised places, you'll have a lot more fun.

• Wuhtah locked this topic