del

Gamura

I think the number is just fine. Regardless of what the GTA wiki says, Vespucci is the combination of a huge area that includes Venice Beach but also includes gang infested neighborhoods which have their own culture and sets separate from the well known gangs in south central. Crime also ebbs and flows, just because it was "gentrified" by 2004 doesn't mean a lack of police presence wouldn't have it back in the gutter by 2021 like we've seen. 

Overall these factions are creating more RP on the beach and in Vespucci then anyone else. You may not like that it's criminal, you might not like that it's not a safe tourist spot but the atmosphere in Vespucci is unique and something that absolutely does not need tampering with by the community. If you really feel it's an issue, go about it IC. Start a community watch or protest to get the issue exposure do what people literally do IRL when crime skyrockets in their area instead running to the general forums with your complaint.

Funny I always hear this area has gone to shit or that area has gone to shit when I'm fully capable of conducting myself safely there and I hear absolutely nothing about it IC. 

Edited by Henning
4 minutes ago, Henning said:

I think the number is just fine. Regardless of what the GTA wiki says, Vespucci is the combination of a huge area that includes Venice Beach but also includes gang infested neighborhoods which have their own culture and sets separate from the well known gangs in south central. Crime also ebbs and flows, just because it was "gentrified" by 2004 doesn't mean a lack of police presence wouldn't have it back in the gutter by 2021 like we've seen. 

Overall these factions are creating more RP on the beach and in Vespucci then anyone else. You may not like that it's criminal, you might not like that it's not a safe tourist spot but the atmosphere in Vespucci is unique and something that absolutely does not need tampering with by the community.

Vespucci B. truly has its own unique vibe. It's not about the healthy criminality. More I mean, 4 different races closely together that often kill one another over petty stuff. 

I am aware of the Skinheads there. They do real good stuff there and actually keep it alive. I more mean outsiders that go there to cause issues.

Just now, Henning said:

Overall these factions are creating more RP on the beach and in Vespucci then anyone else. You may not like that it's criminal, you might not like that it's not a safe tourist spot but the atmosphere in Vespucci is unique and something that absolutely does not need tampering with by the community.

It is not about factions creating more roleplay, that's always to be encouraged

It's about origins of what lays beyond that roleplay, the logic is simple - would you create a criminal organization operating in the boots-on-the-ground function of a street gang in Alta or Strawberry? Adding on that your criminal organization has decades of history of operating in that area.

2 minutes ago, Street said:

Vespucci B. truly has its own unique vibe. It's not about the healthy criminality. More I mean, 4 different races closely together that often kill one another over petty stuff. 

I am aware of the Skinheads there. They do real good stuff there and actually keep it alive. I more mean outsiders that go there to cause issues.

The 4 races fighting over the same turf will eventually be settled ICly, either somebody will win or enough people will have died to force both sides to the table. 

As for outsiders coming in and causing issues? Well that's just something that needs better staff intervention, it's not an issue only in Vespucci but it happens there more frequently since people know they can find people there. Staffs trying to clean up their procedures so hopefully this is something that starts getting cracked down on as well.

3 minutes ago, Gamura said:

It is not about factions creating more roleplay, that's always to be encouraged

It's about origins of what lays beyond that roleplay, the logic is simple - would you create a criminal organization operating in the boots-on-the-ground function of a street gang in Alta or Strawberry? Adding on that your criminal organization has decades of history of operating in that area.

I don't quite understand what your getting at? Is your issue the fact that players are opening new factions that haven't existed there previously and writing a backstory for it? My guy, that's what literally every faction does regardless of where they base themselves. I have very little trust in IFM but I haven't seen anything faction/group acceptance wise that would raise any eyebrows. When it comes to accepting factions the standard for background has always been pretty decent.

• Gamura changed the title to del
  • mj2002 locked this topic