Maritime Discussion Mega Thread

On 10/23/2021 at 8:40 AM, Momo's Revenge said:

More islands would mean more people wanting to use boats.  IK that's easier said than done ofc. 

That would be amazing, honestly, but I'm afraid it would also be impossible to do. Having islands would mean they would need to be added as (a lot of) mapping and that wouldn't work well on a lot of computers, especially since you'd have to map and script some massive stuff to make travelling to and from them worthwile. Even Cayo Perico is huge but it's still useless.

I think we need some more illegal script-wise jobs, other than carjacking criminal roleplayers don't really have a scriptwise job that they can do to earn money (without excessive human interaction). 

An illegal smuggling system can be implemented, think of trucking but It's forbidden cargo and It's transported by ships. More RP for Park Rangers, more RP for illegal factions and more RP for SD/PD boats, a fresh way of using the boats, and so on. I once made a detailed suggestion on SAMP but It was never made it as a system. No need to get into the details on here but yeah, illegal smuggling jobs or basicly cargo-ships (trucking for boats) can make the maritime RP way more enjoyable and active.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, latenight said:

I think we need some more illegal script-wise jobs, other than carjacking criminal roleplayers don't really have a scriptwise job that they can do to earn money (without excessive human interaction). 

An illegal smuggling system can be implemented, think of trucking but It's forbidden cargo and It's transported by ships. More RP for Park Rangers, more RP for illegal factions and more RP for SD/PD boats, a fresh way of using the boats, and so on. I once made a detailed suggestion on SAMP but It was never made it as a system. No need to get into the details on here but yeah, illegal smuggling jobs or basicly cargo-ships (trucking for boats) can make the maritime RP way more enjoyable and active.

The port authority supports a smuggling system, if introduced through an FM scheme or script.

• Upvote 1
  • Exodus locked this topic