Maritime Discussion Mega Thread

7Iaocdo.png

Maritime Discussion Mega Thread

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone!

This is a discussion topic I've made for the Maritime RP in the server.

Any input from the entire server is appreciated!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, with the summer coming, there will be a fair bit of players going into the maritime sector again like last summer. However, with the new 1.1 version of RageMP and the 1.1 update of GTA:World, the sync on the water has been significantly improved. One of the things improved; you can stand on moving boats!

There have already been a few new companies rising up to do sea-bound roleplay, but there has still been a lack of illegal RP in my opnion.

So lets discuss a few things.

- What do you think about the current state maritime RP is in?

- How do you think it can be improved?

- How would both Legal and Illegal factions benefit from potential changes?

- And any extra input you have

For easy navigation, I have included a few links to current maritime involved companies and factions:

Los Santos Marina Yacht Club | "Upward & Windward"

Aswell as suggestions (do not discuss those here):

New supplier for components: Fish hauling
Allow furnishing in vehicle interiors

Add Marine VHF radio

Add More Boats

Discuss! 🙂 

• Upvote 1

The biggest restriction on maritime RP is the few purchasing selections for people to choose from. Either I'm buying a boat that would barely survive on a large lake or a massive sail boat if I'm trying to pick something for personal use. 

I suggested the same boats a few months back as your add more boats thread and was met with similar objections. All of which don't quite make sense to me as someone who's grown up around boats their entire life. Don't get me wrong, the Sea Ray L650 looks super nice but that's more in line with how boats are designed now a days, especially boats which are capable of ocean voyages. Just a few examples:

7396560_20200328085252456_1_LARGE.jpg?t=

used-boats-for-sale-between-100k-200k.jp

6904558_20181108095659645_2_LARGE.jpg?t=

7588898_20201006080910299_1_XLARGE.jpg?w

Now, just because something looks super nice does not mean it should automatically be disqualified from being added to the server. I don't think anyone expects these to be added to the server at an affordable price and if someone wants to drop 1-2 Million on a boat? That's their choice. There was talk on the forums about finding money sinks for players and I think boats are absolutely one of them. There's a reason there's a saying "The best day of boat owners life is the day they buy it and the day they sell it." That's because the entire time in-between it's an asset that's a net negative. Something we need more of on the server.

• Applaud 1
10 minutes ago, Henning said:

We absolutely need more boats. The suggested mod however isn't high of quality apart from the texture. Apart from those, there hardly are boat mods as far as I've been able to find, so perhaps the modding team is needed here to make some quality content.

To also go further on the illegal factions part; I really do think this also brings more realism to lets say extortion.

A maritime company isn’t just any random business, it provides a vital infrastructure that is of great value to anyone that can use its services. Illegal activities could go rampant on sea as there is a low risk involved.

I only hope criminal organisations will be that smart and actually blackmail a captain into doing stuff, rathet than the usual “break a window and force to pay XXXX money”

I live on an Island, I also own a boat, and am surrounded by boats.

The best way to support boating roleplay is to give a reason for boats to exist. Rehaul the fishing script and allow people to fish on boats. Now you have reason for fishing companies to exist, you could have charter boats taking tourists out, tunafish captains facing the elements with his crew for a paycheck, and more fishermen across the waters of Los Santos.

I’d also add this, boating right now has a few gamebreaking bugs attached to it, from ships sinking to the bottom of the sea, and characters spazzing out while staying still on a ship. There needs to be some bugfixing there.

More ships, a VHF radio and other quality of life functions for maritime wundabar helps too. But you need a reason to get out on the water besides simple leisure. Because right now thats buggy and difficult.

1 hour ago, KinnyWynny said:

I live on an Island, I also own a boat, and am surrounded by boats.

The best way to support boating roleplay is to give a reason for boats to exist. Rehaul the fishing script and allow people to fish on boats. Now you have reason for fishing companies to exist, you could have charter boats taking tourists out, tunafish captains facing the elements with his crew for a paycheck, and more fishermen across the waters of Los Santos.

I’d also add this, boating right now has a few gamebreaking bugs attached to it, from ships sinking to the bottom of the sea, and characters spazzing out while staying still on a ship. There needs to be some bugfixing there.

More ships, a VHF radio and other quality of life functions for maritime wundabar helps too. But you need a reason to get out on the water besides simple leisure. Because right now thats buggy and difficult.

Definitely this.

An even bigger reason to use boats (and aircraft) would be if they were useful from going from A to B. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we'll be getting the island any time soon. This aside, the most important improvements I can see are these two:

Boats!

Finding quality modifications is essential for this.

Fishing!

Anything that encourages players to go out to the sea for fishing.

• Thanks 1

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, if this is a general thing for boats alike and what not. But if you use a jet ski sometimes on 1.1 it glitches out so bad that your jet ski becomes a submarine and you sink to the bottom of the sea. Anyone else noticed this, is this jet ski related or does this happen to all boats?

Regardless, I would love to see more boats added to the server. I enjoy boat roleplay, I would love to roleplay fishing and actually catch fish scriptly too. Or to use some newer styled boats for social events.

• Exodus locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic