[Trucking] Add a new rule that requires business owners/managers to set up an accessible delivery marker.

Short description: Add a rule and/or a reminder that people are required to make drop-off points for /sellcrate accessible to all trucking vehicles.
Detailed description: N/A
Commands to add: N/A
Items to add: N/A
How would your suggestion improve the server?: This rule change would make it easier for truckers to deliver things when using larger trucks such as the Mule, Benson and Pounder. Currently, certain drop-off points require people to park far away and painfully unload crates manually, walk to the marker, use /sellcrate and repeat for a very long time. Additionally, certain trucks are too big to park in front of a lot of businesses and they limit other people from parking properly or force them to park far away which is just an inconvenience for everyone, not only truckers.

I would recommend that this rule and the reminder (similar to the mapping one) are written something like this:

"Drop off points for business components must be placed in areas, which are accessible to all trucks, including the big ones such as the Benson or Pounder. If your business can not have a sensible drop-off point, place the drop off point at the nearest sidewalk or business entrance. Consider using the back area of your business as an unloading area since the traffic in the back isn't as cluttered. Do not place markers inside of any business because if your business is locked, truckers will not only not be able to deliver, but they will also be stuck with a truck full of crates."

"REMINDER: Make sure your drop-off point is in an area that is easily accessible to truckers in big trucks, like the back of your business. Never place a marker inside of your business."

This would help with realism. In real life, deliveries are usually done early in the morning or late at night because the traffic near the business is minimal or zero. But on GTA World, you can deliver whenever you want. It happens too often that we arrive to a spot and the front is cluttered with cars and players and we are forced to literally run across entire streets with crates, which is unrealistic because most of us roleplay using a crate trolley to move multiple crates at once. This isn't laziness, this is just realism. Nobody is going to manually haul 20 crates across a street by themselves as a driver of a long haul vehicle. Usually, people who are local workers take care of the delivery and it is up to the driver if they want to help out or not, but since we have script limitations, I'd rather go with making it easier on us to unload crates. Being parked at the sidewalk for upwards of twenty minutes to unload a Pounder is just annoying to us and other players.

I know that I'm gonna get people here who are going to say that this suggestion is done out of laziness, but it isn't. We can still roleplay our deliveries creatively without having to run from one end of the street to another. We can still roleplay with local workers to have them unload their stuff if it's possible, all I'm asking for is to have drop-off points easily accessible instead of having them placed inside of a business or in some fuck knows where area where you have to literally run marathons with crates.

Additional information: Sometimes people place drop-off points INSIDE their business and then lock said business, which leads to truckers being stuck in a vehicle full of crates until someone asks for a delivery.

• Upvote 1

A way to solve this issue could be that when a delivery point is in a interior. and that interior gets locked That order automatically gets cancelled(resuming as soon as it is unlocked again). This would cause less hassle for the truck drivers and makes sure that business owners get a decent delivery point of their choosing. and yes this would cost some time for the script developers, although it is just a small quality of life improvement and shouldn't be hard to implement at all.

This makes both sides happy as truckers won't end up in front of a locked business and business owners can still place their delivery spots where they want them to be.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 7:31 PM, hentai! said:

Short description: Add a rule and/or a reminder that people are required to make drop-off points for /sellcrate accessible to all trucking vehicles.
Detailed description: N/A
Commands to add: N/A
Items to add: N/A
How would your suggestion improve the server?: This rule change would make it easier for truckers to deliver things when using larger trucks such as the Mule, Benson and Pounder. Currently, certain drop-off points require people to park far away and painfully unload crates manually, walk to the marker, use /sellcrate and repeat for a very long time. Additionally, certain trucks are too big to park in front of a lot of businesses and they limit other people from parking properly or force them to park far away which is just an inconvenience for everyone, not only truckers.

I would recommend that this rule and the reminder (similar to the mapping one) are written something like this:

"Drop off points for business components must be placed in areas, which are accessible to all trucks, including the big ones such as the Benson or Pounder. If your business can not have a sensible drop-off point, place the drop off point at the nearest sidewalk or business entrance. Consider using the back area of your business as an unloading area since the traffic in the back isn't as cluttered. Do not place markers inside of any business because if your business is locked, truckers will not only not be able to deliver, but they will also be stuck with a truck full of crates."

"REMINDER: Make sure your drop-off point is in an area that is easily accessible to truckers in big trucks, like the back of your business. Never place a marker inside of your business."

This would help with realism. In real life, deliveries are usually done early in the morning or late at night because the traffic near the business is minimal or zero. But on GTA World, you can deliver whenever you want. It happens too often that we arrive to a spot and the front is cluttered with cars and players and we are forced to literally run across entire streets with crates, which is unrealistic because most of us roleplay using a crate trolley to move multiple crates at once. This isn't laziness, this is just realism. Nobody is going to manually haul 20 crates across a street by themselves as a driver of a long haul vehicle. Usually, people who are local workers take care of the delivery and it is up to the driver if they want to help out or not, but since we have script limitations, I'd rather go with making it easier on us to unload crates. Being parked at the sidewalk for upwards of twenty minutes to unload a Pounder is just annoying to us and other players.

I know that I'm gonna get people here who are going to say that this suggestion is done out of laziness, but it isn't. We can still roleplay our deliveries creatively without having to run from one end of the street to another. We can still roleplay with local workers to have them unload their stuff if it's possible, all I'm asking for is to have drop-off points easily accessible instead of having them placed inside of a business or in some fuck knows where area where you have to literally run marathons with crates.

Additional information: Sometimes people place drop-off points INSIDE their business and then lock said business, which leads to truckers being stuck in a vehicle full of crates until someone asks for a delivery.

Business owners do not get any information on this, so the command will usually be unknown. I had no idea either. Once I found out, I moved the drop off location to the back of the building where there's actually a delivery entrance. So I think suggesting business owners be provided all commands and their effects might be a better suggestion.

Don't forget, they won't make it difficult on purpose, they need the supplies.

Other than that, if people do make it difficult IC, keep it there, IC.

Edited by Triple Seven