Remove hunting rifle damage limit

Darcin

Because people RP the injury based on damage. You see it all the time in reports. "Well it said I only took this much damage so I RPed it as this."

If you get shot by one of these rifles in your torso, your odds of survival are very low. these things are designed to kill animals much bigger than humans. So if you take a hunting rifle slug to the head, and it does 20 damage? You're gonna see a flood of 'oh it just grazed me.' Same shit to the chest, despite the fact it'd leave a wound big enough to put your fist through.

Edited by Darcin
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Darcin said:

Because people RP the injury based on damage. You see it all the time in reports. "Well it said I only took this much damage so I RPed it as this."

If you get shot by one of these rifles in your torso, your odds of survival are very low. these things are designed to kill animals much bigger than humans. So if you take a hunting rifle slug to the head, and it does 20 damage? You're gonna see a flood of 'oh it just grazed me.' Same shit to the chest, despite the fact it'd leave a wound big enough to put your fist through.

Well yes I totally get it, but unless there is a strict policy regarding rifles, people will shoot each other from miles far 

9 minutes ago, Stiggz said:

I really don’t see anyone being able to kill someone with a hunting rifle to begin with. If you’re getting robbed, it’s gonna happen either way 

Ever heard of hip fire. I think when facing someone with actual hunting rifle in hand and bullet chambered, you should reconsider. It's not your 9mm or whatever. It is meant to penetrate thick skin and fur, so if you get shot, chances are, you will not recover that soon, if ever.

4 hours ago, Ronnie two poles said:

Should just make it a rare scenario to let a robber rob a hunter, because why would a robber do that anyways? Nothing really worth taking - plus I can't imagine a criminal getting a rifle and sniping opposition - which never happens IRL. 

This is just hearsay but I've been told there's already been a shooting or two in South Central with a hunting rifle.

• Wuhtah locked this topic