Two factions, SAME CHARACTER

Yes please.
Some concerns might arise on the current faction-related commands such as /f chat and /fonline if you implement this suggestion. I'd suggest being able to switch between looking at your first and second faction akin to how you switch your main phone. /setmainfaction (/smf) 1 or 2 should work.

I was kinda annoyed when I found out you can’t do this. Definitely support, there would have to be limitations though, and some kind of application process. You would have to ensure the player is actually RPing with both factions, and also have to make it realistic (through the application process). You can’t have a gangbanger running around in an ambulance you know? Also the income thing would need to be sorted. +1

8 hours ago, Coburn said:

That would mean double income as well though, no? If you get paid by both factions.

This idea is a bit more focused on being in an illegal and legal. As someone said, a character woudn't be able to keep two full time jobs.

Anyways, if the case happens, there are workarounds (receive 50% of each wage, or only have access to one of the two paychecks)

Edited by Kappaurel
2 hours ago, Mecovy said:

Tbh, at first glance I didn't like it, but it allows for a lot more depth in characters. The income aspect should definitely be nerfed so people dont use it to get filthy rich; but the rest of it I like.

Something similar to the business-job script, where automatic paychecks are limited to 3 hours/day on shift, might help here.

1 hour ago, Cipher said:

Yes please.
Some concerns might arise on the current faction-related commands such as /f chat and /fonline if you implement this suggestion. I'd suggest being able to switch between looking at your first and second faction akin to how you switch your main phone. /setmainfaction (/smf) 1 or 2 should work.

Added your idea to the OP

to be frank, you got loads of people mixed with good and bad shit at the same time. You got bankers that got mob ties and cops who got irish mob ties too, don't know why people being so phobic about being able to be part of two factions at once, people aren't bowed down to one thing, this ain't the 60's. You got Italian fools working with Russian crews in NYC and both cliqued up tightly in few crews.

It ain't unrealistic or whatever, times different today and lots of them are cliqued up on downlow.

Plus, this would make sense because of prison factions & street gangs. A lot of homies get jumped in by la eme and shit, but they still bang their hood. 

It means the ENTIRE faction script has to be rewrite.  
Think about a double with PD and LSGOV. You need to have acces on BOTH commands. Each individual script. 

But yea, goes for a bonus, expecially for factions like ULSA where internships are a thing and you had to join the legal faction to have acces to the /uniform script. 

Edited by Levitate