Two factions, SAME CHARACTER

1 minute ago, Zayyy said:

Cool.. but people are going to abuse it. So, not really needed. 

Let me refer you to MrsHamster as they said it best

42 minutes ago, MrsHamster said:

Regarding the window for abuse - every new script has a window for abuse. People will always find a way to use the script and bend the rules for their benefit, but this is what we're here for. Every script can be abused and we in the staff team exist to look over it and prevent that from happening. This script addition will be no different than any other script that already exists on the server. 

I don't know why people insist on arguing such a QOL feature like this with "ohhh it could be abused" when it adds //SO// much more depth and variety into the server, even when they're brought with solutions to the problems they speak of all they do is complain.

Good idea indeed I'm all for it. I don't get why there are people disagreeing with this by saying it will be abused I mean cool, if that's your argument then let's also delete the server so there won't be anyone breaking the rules of it right? Anyway, yes I believe this feature will enhance the overall roleplay of the server and bring more depth as the user said above me. Hope it's taken into consideration by the development team. 

Ignoring possible abuse and as MrsHamster says, that's what admins are there for, I support this.

I think the rules would have to be quite clear, but one example for me is my main is the character i use to map and he's in a legal faction. I would have liked to have him in both factions, rather than another character being my mapper. Minor, but that's my example.

With the right (or wrong, better said) intentions, literally any script on the server can be abused in one way or another. That shouldn't mean that we have to stagnate. If someone is indeed abusing the script, please make sure to write a forum report and they will be dealt with.

I wouldn't personally be affected by this but I can see how it can be useful for lots of people. Supporting.

• Applaud 1
1 hour ago, Yoak said:

if they were to approve such thing then it should be application based with a full somewhat background check to make sure the person joining two factions won't/can't abuse said powers.

This makes sense obviously- in general the idea can only do good though, while that was of course mentioned first factions are a bit more divers than simple cops and robbers nowadays.

So the typical constellation I'd expect would be job+sidejob or job+hobby so a character can use the infrastructure both of their daytime employer, and if required a sidejob, the hunting club or w/e you name it.

Last but not least faction operators would still retain their right to restrict their own faction applicants ("Sorry, we don't allow cops!" 😆) on an ooc base same as it happens for other matters.

Just that there's a scriptwise option for it, doesn't mean anyone would be entitled to anything. So I'm not too concerned this will harm anyone.

Yeah, this is something we've hoped for in FD for a long time for our volunteer staff. Our vollies are so rare right now (though they've recently seen a boost in numbers) because the potential playerbase to draw from are mostly already involved in other factions. If we had a secondary faction system, we could have PD, SD, GOV, and yeah, even illegal faction members being involved in our volunteer program. Especially out in the county areas, with Station 4 in Sandy Shores being purely volunteer based, and Station 1 in Paleto having a strong volunteer presence also, this'd be a huge boon.
I agree that it would need to be something monitored, though - The issue with doing that, however, is the additional workload. It'd be all too easy for an un-monitored person to abuse the system and be in, say, PD and a gang, if they slipped through the net. A system would need to be in place to prevent such cases occurring too regularly. We already have dual-faction requests for alternate characters joining other factions (for activity reasons), so I'm sure something could be rustled up for this. 

I agree great suggestion and maybe to limit abuse, make one main faction and the other secondary faction. The latter secondary faction doesn't give you access to paychecks if it's a legal faction.  Or something like that. But as stated by many, I'd love to be part of a legal's faction as a small side job, aka janitor for PHMC or ULSA but I can't and it sucks. 

This is a great suggestion that will open potential roleplay that is currently limited by ooc script.

Needs to be forwarded and put on top of priorities. Just make a set of clear rules for the dual faction, needs to make sense in character and out of character.

5 hours ago, CrisisGG said:

It’s not an argument, it’s my opinion, which I’m entitled to have! So it’s a no because I can see it getting abused, but thanks for your input.

You're definitely entitled to have an opinion! I was just debunking your concerns about misuse of it taking place. There's alot of things that can be abused (/fixrevive, /Fixloc, whatever), but they're monitored by administration closely, so should this, and it already is as all factions chat have logs that track back to a particular faction.