Two factions, SAME CHARACTER

Short description: Allow players to be in two factions scriptwise with the same character

Detailed description: There is no reason for a character to not be able to be in two factions. A motorcycle club member, or a member of a mob usually have a job to keep themselves and their family alive. There are many options of working legally for either LS Government or SA Government even if you are in an illegal faction, as long as you don't get convicted. Having people forced to leave the legal faction they work in to join an illegal one, which means they can no longer working hurts both players and factions who lose members.

Commands to add: The system to allow a person to be in more than one faction with a character, and /f1 /f2 to talk in different /f chats

Or, as suggsted by @Cipher :

Some concerns might arise on the current faction-related commands such as /f chat and /fonline if you implement this suggestion. I'd suggest being able to switch between looking at your first and second faction akin to how you switch your main phone. /setmainfaction (/smf) 1 or 2 should work.

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server?: Benefit players, benefit factions, make it realistic so illegal roleplayers are not just illegals, but also members of society with their jobs, that is the realistic thing.

The grow that civil factions woud experience if this is approved would be MASSIVE. It would be a community-wide impact. Many people don't even think about joining jobs like Public Works Technician, or Social Worker... realistic things, because they can not be in two factions at the same time. It would be realistic.

The Motorcycle Club member that works as Public Works Technician

The woman who is part of the chinese mob, that works as a Nurse or maybe Clerk in PHMC.

The man who is part of Ruff Ryders that is also a Social Worker. Doing wheelies and helping people are not in conflict.

This would generate characters that are more complete, alive, with their jobs, their things to worry about. This would also create a bigger ACTUAL fear roleplay regarding crimes. If you have a stable job, you will try your best not to lose it by being arrested for shooting at someone...

This would be a BIG thing. We are seeing civil factions (SAGOV, LSGOV, PHMC, DMC...) grow a lot, it is time to allow more people to be a part of them, without to SPECIFICALLY having to make an alter for it.

Additional information: Pretty please?

Edited by Kappaurel
  • Upvote 16
46 minutes ago, Coburn said:

That would mean double income as well though, no? If you get paid by both factions.

If you are in two legal factions, I suppose it would. But then you'll have to question yourself if your character has time for two full time jobs. So in this case, you'd have two part time jobs and I suppose you'd just get half of the salary from both factions for instance. I'm sure there's a way to work around this somehow. I think this is more aimed toward illegal faction members being able to participate in legal factions which is very reasonable. An example outlined in the OP, a motorcycle club member is just a normal person who has a family to support and usually they just have normal jobs. I don't see any harm in this, so this suggestion has my support.

Just now, sage said:

Alot of other stuff can be abused aswell - That's a shoddy argument, admins have access to all faction logs anyway so +1.

It’s not an argument, it’s my opinion, which I’m entitled to have! So it’s a no because I can see it getting abused, but thanks for your input.

13 minutes ago, sage said:

Alot of other stuff can be abused aswell - That's a shoddy argument, admins have access to all faction logs anyway so +1.

100% agree, any abuse can/will be dealt with/prevented and it creates a lot of unique scenarios.

1 hour ago, LICE said:

can't wait to join both the PD and the mob

I know this is a joke but that's actually a good idea. If you have undercovers, they could be apart of the police department and join the mafia scriptly still. Or you could have someone from an illegal faction still be able to join USLA, on top of many other things.

I think this would open up a lot of doors for people to roleplay, and I think not wanting to enhance a feature of the server over fear of it being abused is taking one step forward but two steps back.

HUGE +1