Hunting & Robbers

Esc

10 hours ago, Biscuit said:

I wanna see what happens when park rangers actually get introduced, if crime rates will remain the same or if it will drop the issue.

EDIT: Since it was already established that robbing people in the forest is considered really fucking bad, I do still want to see if the issue repeats if Park Rangers get introduced, I'm curious 🙂

There will be a war at County I can imagine. 😛

1 hour ago, RolexLV said:

It's only and only because it's ridiculously hard to get weapons in-game. In real life it's 5x times easier. Fix that crap and you won't see afro-american and hispanic gangs rolling in their lowriders mugging hunters.

This, I promise if it were easier to get guns robberies would go down extremely 

Edited by Stiggz
4 hours ago, RolexLV said:

It's only and only because it's ridiculously hard to get weapons in-game. In real life it's 5x times easier. Fix that crap and you won't see afro-american and hispanic gangs rolling in their lowriders mugging hunters.

A few month ago everybody was claiming how incredibly easy it is to buy a gun with proper connects IC, but now it's ridiculously hard? Does it only become hard when there's a cool new toy up for grabs and shitty RP needs justification? 

Can't say I believe weapons are hard to obtain after a brief look through the reports section and the numerous shootouts I've witnessed IG over the smallest of arguments.

It's something that needs a OOC fix.  To be honest this is not something that happens.  I saw it coming from the day it was announced.  People who are gun hungry are going to pounce on this and I think as a whole it shouldn't be allowed to rob on hunting grounds because IRL it doesn't happen.

10 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

A few month ago everybody was claiming how incredibly easy it is to buy a gun with proper connects IC, but now it's ridiculously hard? Does it only become hard when there's a cool new toy up for grabs and shitty RP needs justification? 

Can't say I believe weapons are hard to obtain after a brief look through the reports section and the numerous shootouts I've witnessed IG over the smallest of arguments.

In the past few weeks, I've seen nothing but automatics. I haven't been shot at with a semi automatic for at least a month now. I don't know if that could be a reason?

3 hours ago, Westen said:

In the past few weeks, I've seen nothing but automatics. I haven't been shot at with a semi automatic for at least a month now. I don't know if that could be a reason?

I wonder if that is the real reason behind the reported "gun shortages" - guns are widely available, it is just the guns that criminals want that are not easily obtained, such as rapid-fire weapons and scoped hunting rifles.

Edited by DasFroggy
14 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Because nobody wants to lose their 50K pistol in a fist fight.

1 minute ago, keep said:

Because nobody wants to lose their 50K pistol in a fist fight.

Not too sure that makes sense when the majority of reports regarding guns are premeditated assassinations/shootings, not someone panicking and pulling their piece in a brawl.

If guns are extremely overpriced and nobody wants to risk losing their overpriced weaponry I don't understand how shooting people over verbal confrontations and bringing the entire police department down on their heads helps, if anything the constant recklessness of criminals with guns shows guns can't be that hard to acquire if they can take so many L's back-to-back and still have a healthy stash to use after their PK/arrest.   

7 hours ago, Spider X3 said:

It's something that needs a OOC fix.  To be honest this is not something that happens.  I saw it coming from the day it was announced.  People who are gun hungry are going to pounce on this and I think as a whole it shouldn't be allowed to rob on hunting grounds because IRL it doesn't happen.

What's more, we need to stop pussyfooting around the proper solution, too.

Unrealistically low damage for a gun was never a solution. Reporting them is getting closer to a solution, but there is already an issue with the amount of time it takes to resolve these things. We can definitely cut this off at the source without comically RPGish compensations.

Robberies are only insanely profitable because of the irresponsibly short jail times - whereas in real life, it's 15 years before you see the outside world if you're caught for armed robbery. It's high time we start attaching serious risk to robberies in the form of bumping up those sentencing numbers.

• Wuhtah locked this topic