Hunting & Robbers

Esc

9 hours ago, Martyn said:

Just have a peek at this video https://streamable.com/l561n4

It's from this report: 

I genuinely do not understand where the reporting party finds the audacity to create a report, but I've linked this report because it showcases an issue that is deeply rooted in the GTA:W community and was also a serious issue on LSRP. And that issue is the fact that people rob for firearms. (As seen in the video by them saying "They have weapons" before proceeding to rush to the players) They will purposely target people that they suspect have firearms. Be it an IC suspicion or an OOC one. The motivation remains the same, it's to steal firearms to either:

A) Sell it for insane profits.

B) Continue their bad ass robbery spree with less concern because hey... Shit goes wrong? I have another gun to continue the spree another day.

As I previously mentioned in my first reply on this topic, the roleplay is abysmal and I personally feel like people that rob individuals who are clearly packing heat (Holding a long rifle, open carrying a sidearm) should be punished harshly for faillure to roleplay any fear. A person with a firearm is by default a potential threat to you and they should be treated as such. Right now it's just a jackpot. 

Harsh and long punishments, bans preferred. 

Spot on. Last year before I changed my character I owned a dealership and I was constantly robbed presumably because they knew I had a CCW in my dealership lot. People IRL steal weapons all the time but from locked cars and empty houses people being robbed at gunpoint for their weapons is ridiculous because it completely ignores all the fears of robbing someone that is armed and they know as long as they can point their gun at you first you can't doing anything.

53 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

Would it be possible to make hunting a protected thing? Make it so you cant rob people actively hunting, ez

It's tricky, seeing as while some form of protection is needed, it can't just be a blanket ban against all criminal activity. Some people in the rural parts are genuinely bad dudes, but locals and inked gang bangers from a three hour drive away are two VASTLY different groups.

Part of me feels that if anything? ...the rules should be a little more relaxed. Gangbangers are going to be a little less thrilled with the idea of a road trip if their planned victims can shoot on sight and leave the bodies for the coyotes.

Come to think of it, it'd put a very real price lock on criminal activity outside of the city - hunters would know pretty fast that there's an incoming raid judging by how the motorcycles and cars approaching are unsuited for the roads. Actually getting close enough undetected would mean needing to purchase vehicles suitable for the terrain, brand new outfits, and acquiring hunting rifles prior via other means local to the city.

It'd empower hunting groups too - those hunting rifles may not be amazing one at a time, but five, or even eight carried by a group spread out? Gangbangers wouldn't stand a chance.

EDIT: In retrospect, no, my idea is a pretty bad one. It hinges on the belief that our local gangs would be operating like modern day criminals as opposed to third world terrorist cells. Affording KoS privileges to hunting parties would just be met with guaranteed escalation from the city gangs until eventually a full blown civil war is being raged in the mountains, and it doesn't take long for people to forget why they're fighting in favor of just fighting "the bad guys that deserve it." 

It would be easier to just enforce OOC punishments on anyone that is unrealistically expanding their city based criminal career to the mountains, or enforce random CKs on them under the guise of an uptick in armed criminal tourists having their carefully laid out ambushes interrupted by a bear or a rabid hedgehog.

I'm sure the administrators would have a LOT of fun just spawning bears next to a Soreno Team Six ambush position.

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Applaud 2
21 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

snip

Very true. In order to sneak up on trained hunters, you'd have to be EXTREMELY talented and stealthy and I highly doubt mr pants around his knees from Davis is going to have the skills needed to get the drop on even an amateur hunter

14 hours ago, BigSleezy said:

As a illegal character only player, I'll express my own concerns about this. I'll straight up say I find this /utterly/ ridiculous and a /terrible/ potrayal of illegal roleplay. Or just roleplay in general. Just like other statements beforehand no criminal would drive up to rob some random hunters in the /middle/ of nowhere. For some hunting rifles. Seeing videos of people getting robbed/robbing hunters makes me cringe internally, that's RP I'd expect on some public non-whitelist "RP" server and any criminal character going out of their way to do something like that just shows they have no clue how to properly RP.

But hopefully people realize not every illegal character roleplayer behaves like these script hunters.

I wanna see what happens when park rangers actually get introduced, if crime rates will remain the same or if it will drop the issue.

EDIT: Since it was already established that robbing people in the forest is considered really fucking bad, I do still want to see if the issue repeats if Park Rangers get introduced, I'm curious 🙂

Edited by Biscuit
16 minutes ago, Florida said:

How the fuck you manage to get robbed when you're walking around carrying a high powered rifle.

Because the pistol out DPS' it due to fire rate and the fact that the rifle has got reduced damage to stop every banger from becoming Chris Kyle.

That was done intentionally. I think it was a misstep to think that gangbangers and robber squads who already act like we're RPing in Bogota and do all their crime from the back of a dirt bike wouldn't be out there acting stupid and basically doing it because they know they can't lose. If it was a 1 hit drop like a high powered rifle would be IRL, then it would be a moot point. Another dead banger. But then we're back to hood Chris Kyles making 500 yard shots for the set.

• Wuhtah locked this topic