Hunting & Robbers

Esc

When the hunting options were added to the server I was making jokes that it's a matter of time when we will see this kind of scenes on the streets:

On a serious note, I've totally agree that this kind of issue that we have is unacceptable and it shouldn't be tolerated in any matter. 

I can't see a single reason why would your character would risk his life while going to a forest and trying to rob a 100% ARMED person (e.g.: a hunter with a hunting rifle or even more guns on him).

I'm adding a good example where both sides are doing crazy stuff for those who have never managed to see it (afaik there is an ongoing report regarding this video):

https://streamable.com/l561n4

This kind of behavior can't be tolerated and it should be equal to trying a rob: a policeman (and take his car or his gun), a security guard and etcetera. 

All these kinds of situations should be punished with reasonings like "common courtesy" and "lack of fear".

5 hours ago, DF said:

This is the main reason I've decided to create this discussion thread because every punishment issued regarding this matter has been addressed to characters who are either part of a gang or somewhat living in the city. "you're a hunter, you're armed, stand your ground and don't let them take your guns away." - This is why I consider it a lack of fear and a very poor. It feels like metagame too given the fact that multiple characters suddenly developed a liking of heading all the way up north in order to rob people after the script was implemented, so, I hardly doubt it was an idea they developed solely IC-wise.

I've t totally agree with DF. When we are talking about this kind of robberies, we should talk not about the reasoning: "why X character wants to get a gun"; but at the pretext itself that sits behind it.

GTA:W has a very strict gun economy that is simply not working as well as it should. What's even worse? It's that the majority of us know about those issues. But we are afraid to talk about it and we are pretending that it's all good. It's not ok. It never was "ok". If our economy would be functioning better than it is now, we wouldn't be able to see punishments when a bunch of gang bangers trying to commit a robbery in the middle of the forest on the other side of the map.

I truly don't believe that something will change if we won't get serious attention from IFM. You can punish and ban people as much as you want, but if you won't fix the issue behind it, they will keep repeating their actions.

• Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1

You know, I made the joke in another thread about gang bangers robbing hunters so they could have their Sureno Team Six and First Grove SF group sniper teams going. God damn y'all. I was just joking. I can't believe this actually a thing.

That is failure at the highest level. Like, this is knowingly going to a place where people have high powered rifles, and trying to rob them.
Because you know that you can out damage them with your pistol. Should be perma banned. Immediately. And not that perma banned that's actually like a month or two ban and a teary apology. The ban that says "No. Get out. Stay out."

So when this hunting thing was put in, I've said this already, but I'll say it again. It said to me that the staff and management of the server said "Hey, we want to put this new feature in. We realize that it has the potential to be abused, so we're going to mitigate that by offsetting the damage so idiots can't abuse it. Because we won't let the actions of a few dictate the server as a whole."

Why are y'all trying to fuck shit like this up? I'm asking the idiots who don't see the issue with this, who are quiet as a church mouse in this thread. Do y'all not understand that this is a server benefit to be able to do more stuff? And if you ruin that, and it gets taken away, people will hate you. Not your character. You. For ruining something that people are enjoying.

Stop. Being. So. Stupid.

Edited by SaintBatemanofWallStreet
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 4
23 minutes ago, Shvag said:

I truly don't believe that something will change if we won't get serious attention from IFM. You can punish and ban people as much as you want, but if you won't fix the issue behind it, they will keep repeating their actions.

This really. By individually punishing people for bad portrayal this leaves a grey area where people can claim that their motivation and way to rob a gun was perfectly valid.

Picking out singular issues in events to issue punishments in accordance with clear rules sorts individual situations, but does not touch the bigger picture, as people will still do the same, just a little different without what's picked out as reason to rate this robbery as invalid, in case of a succesfully argued one.

23 minutes ago, Shvag said:

GTA:W has a very strict gun economy that is simply not working as well as it should. 

That's the meta-reason for gun robberies: They are way too valuable in our economy in comparison to other things.

The other part of course is that a better part of the population is armed, specially in the "legal" field where it's less odd to have a simple job that finances you a private firearm that'seasily available.

So you might as well prepare to meet armed people anyway when robbing- and also take their guns rather than to leave them with them, obviously.

Not saying it makes sense, but people argue this wayas long as whatever they exactly did is not explicitly prohibited by rules.

2 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

Stop. Being. So. Stupid.

My favorite one is seeing the same people do it back to back.

It’s ridiculous, nobody goes into the woods to rob a hunter who is hiding in 3000 acres of land.  We love seeing people roll up in their bikes or fancy sedans staring /me jumps out, points his gun at him 

“Give me your rifle!!!”

And/b /showtimes 

my friend got robbed the other day and shot down, it wasn’t a robbery of good rp it was full of /me is scared he killed a man.

”I don’t want your money or anything else but your guns and ammo.

It’s ridiculous.

if I see MASK_42069 I’m shooting first and asking no questions.

• Upvote 3

I've only skimmed over this thread so forgive me if I repeat points that have already been brought up.

Considering Nervous himself has admin jailed several players for going out to the forest to rob hunters, that should tell you everything about what the admin team thinks of it. Willingly targeting people with rifles makes no sense on an IC basis. It's just desirable because the hunting rifle only does 20 damage per hit. Where realistically a hunter would just need to put one shot on target to take a robber down, they now need five minimum from a bolt action rifle. Taking advantage of that is metagaming. Targeting people who are actively armed is both looking for shootouts (which falls under the DM rule) and failing to roleplay appropriate fear. Realistically forests people hunt in are huge and you'd have a difficult time finding hunters in them in the first place. It's why gang members going from South Central to Paleto Bay just to commit robberies are punished so harshly. It just does not make sense. 

It's best to report it when it happens so it can be looked into. I always tell players that having the ability to save the last 5 to 10 minutes of their gameplay is a massive help when dealing with a report as an admin. If it's not reported, the players conducting these robberies can move on to do more of them. It has to be reported on the first instance for something to get done sooner. 

I understand that one argument is that more patrols from law enforcement will solve the issue but it won't. It's impossible to understand how big the county really is until you realize going from Paleto Bay to Sandy Shores can take five minutes. In some instances you can get to Sandy Shores quicker from the city. You could literally spend six hours in the hunting areas and have something happen during the two minutes you go AFK to grab a drink. Even if you do find something, those dirt bikes are gone within seconds. This video is an example of why it quickly becomes an admin issue to deal with as it's impossible for cops to deal with it. https://streamable.com/src1bc (cropped to remove admin info)

I've always said it but the dirt bike crews in all black in the county provide no good roleplay at all. There's a consensus within the staff team that it's trash roleplay and should be punished. They've just migrated to the forest because that's where they know they're more likely to find guns. Save a video and report it. I can almost guarantee they'll face ajails and bans.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2

The problem is all these fucking retards who come from generic thug life RP on FiveM and think all roleplay is hoarding guns and ruining everyone's day because they're socially inept as fuck and have no friends in real life.

Edited by Dom.
4 minutes ago, Dom. said:

The problem is all these fucking retards who come from generic thug life RP on FiveM and think all roleplay is hoarding guns and ruining everyone's day because they're socially inept as fuck and have no friends in real life.

But they’re thugs in the hood irl bro

8 minutes ago, Montana Fats said:

But they’re thugs in the hood irl bro

You may be joking, but I vividly recall one criminal justifying their actions in a report by declaring that they knew what meth did because they were using meth while playing GTAW. It was a whole new level of bad.

2 hours ago, Keane said:

I've only skimmed over this thread so forgive me if I repeat points that have already been brought up.

Considering Nervous himself has admin jailed several players for going out to the forest to rob hunters, that should tell you everything about what the admin team thinks of it. Willingly targeting people with rifles makes no sense on an IC basis. It's just desirable because the hunting rifle only does 20 damage per hit. Where realistically a hunter would just need to put one shot on target to take a robber down, they now need five minimum from a bolt action rifle. Taking advantage of that is metagaming. Targeting people who are actively armed is both looking for shootouts (which falls under the DM rule) and failing to roleplay appropriate fear. Realistically forests people hunt in are huge and you'd have a difficult time finding hunters in them in the first place. It's why gang members going from South Central to Paleto Bay just to commit robberies are punished so harshly. It just does not make sense. 

It's best to report it when it happens so it can be looked into. I always tell players that having the ability to save the last 5 to 10 minutes of their gameplay is a massive help when dealing with a report as an admin. If it's not reported, the players conducting these robberies can move on to do more of them. It has to be reported on the first instance for something to get done sooner. 

I understand that one argument is that more patrols from law enforcement will solve the issue but it won't. It's impossible to understand how big the county really is until you realize going from Paleto Bay to Sandy Shores can take five minutes. In some instances you can get to Sandy Shores quicker from the city. You could literally spend six hours in the hunting areas and have something happen during the two minutes you go AFK to grab a drink. Even if you do find something, those dirt bikes are gone within seconds. This video is an example of why it quickly becomes an admin issue to deal with as it's impossible for cops to deal with it. https://streamable.com/src1bc (cropped to remove admin info)

I've always said it but the dirt bike crews in all black in the county provide no good roleplay at all. There's a consensus within the staff team that it's trash roleplay and should be punished. They've just migrated to the forest because that's where they know they're more likely to find guns. Save a video and report it. I can almost guarantee they'll face ajails and bans.

We understand, but if you also look at it from a player point of view it is not really that appealing.

Some people entirely give up from the idea of roleplaying this, or at least for now, because they know they will most likely be greeted with someone ruining their roleplay. Its worse when you are doing it as a group and you end up losing your motivation. Reports already take too long as is, even if you report every and other  instance, nothing assures you that another robber squad wont be found the other minute you go out.

8 hours ago, BigSleezy said:

As a illegal character only player, I'll express my own concerns about this. I'll straight up say I find this /utterly/ ridiculous and a /terrible/ potrayal of illegal roleplay. Or just roleplay in general. Just like other statements beforehand no criminal would drive up to rob some random hunters in the /middle/ of nowhere. For some hunting rifles. Seeing videos of people getting robbed/robbing hunters makes me cringe internally, that's RP I'd expect on some public non-whitelist "RP" server and any criminal character going out of their way to do something like that just shows they have no clue how to properly RP.

But hopefully people realize not every illegal character roleplayer behaves like these script hunters.

• Wuhtah locked this topic